New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello from Stillwater, Oklahoma

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 12:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Stillwater, Oklahoma

Hey guys. My name is Jin and I'm new here, and also kinda new to bikes. Attended the motorcycle course last month and just got the endorsement last week. I was sure that i could handle a 250cc and i knew i would want more so i started with a 03 CBR600rr. Had ridden it for a week and traded in for a 05 1000rr this week. LOL. (that 600cc had problems and the trade in price was awesome.)

I've heard too many people said "Newbie should not start with a 600cc, not to mention any liter bike." some said "It's just a smarter choice to start with a 250cc bike rather than a 600cc or 1000cc." All i wanna say and only based on my own experience is that, it's not about the bike, it's about your attitude including your self conciousness, capability, resonsibility, etc.; anyway, if you know what you capable of, and keep in mind that safety is number one, laws are number 2, and bike is number 3, don't push yourself or the bike, and you will be fine. What do you guys think?

I'm planing to ride to West Virginia in May, and George Washington National Forest is the destination. If anyone is interested, or has any suggetions, just tell me! Thanks.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:56 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to read you have some healthy common sense, I too am saying that rr is a heck of a bike. I've ridden my 600 f2 for two full seasons, starting the third now, bought the daytona in my sig last fall and it still scares the jeebies out of me! To add in the number one rule, under safety falls good quality safety gear, which I trust you already know, own and wear! ATGATT as we say, all the gear, all the time.

You're right it's not entirely about the bike, but a bigger bike has the potential to spook an inexperienced rider, even if not racing it so do take it easy, keep the sunny side up, take good care of the bike and it will take good care of you!

Oh, and welcome to the forum! And post some pics, I for one would love to see that ride of yours!

Old 04-20-2014, 02:45 PM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome , glad to here you took the course, your right about you being in control, just as Mattson said be safe and allways wear your kit

Old 04-21-2014, 10:10 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to CBRF! Regardless of what you ride, keep it shiny side up! Have a great trip to WV

Old 04-21-2014, 12:40 PM

Thanks for reply. I definitely will post more pics. My iphone's lens is broken and i'm looking for something like Go Pro. I'm not sure if Go Pro is my best choice coz it's kinda expensive for me. Any recommendation?

Old 04-21-2014, 12:41 PM

Thanks for reply.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:43 PM

Thanks for reply. Just can't wait for the trip. But this gonna be my first riding trip, and i hope interstate doesn't mean zero fun.lol

Old 04-21-2014, 12:55 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Qiu Jin
i hope interstate doesn't mean zero fun.lol

HA! That's all it means. Your back will start to hurt... and there's nothing to take the focus off of it. Plan as many other side roads as you can. And make sure when you get to the N.Ga, Tenn, and NC area (Appalachian area)- make sure to hit some of the greatest roads in the country! Bypass the the interstate all together once you get to that point.

Old 04-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Qiu Jin
I'm not sure if Go Pro is my best choice coz it's kinda expensive for me. Any recommendation?

I`ve been quite happy with my AEE Magicam.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum Jin,

Enjoy your time on the forum.

Cheers, SB

Quick Reply: Hello from Stillwater, Oklahoma