Ladies Lounge Off Topic Section for female CBR enthusiasts to discuss non-CBR related topics.

Occupation?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Occupation?

Hey girls! Just seeing what ya'll do for a living to support this crazy, wonderful passion we share called riding?

I'll go first! I work for a Medical organization as an Education Assistant, however I'm seriously considering going back to working construction because I'm bored at my current job. There are only 10 of us in the office and it is very stuffy and cold. [sm=smiley35.gif]

I have worked in steel construction for many years and am considering going back to it. Benefits: No more having to get up early to do my hair and wear suits every day, better pay, I get to be outside, get to ride my bike to work and it keeps me in shape, plus I love the look people give me when I tell them what I do! LOL! The downsides? Longer hours, hard physical work, and having to be outside (think crappy days).

So, what do YOU do? (or want to do?)

Old 07-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Default RE: Occupation?

ORIGINAL: RCKT GRL
I have worked in steel construction for many years and am considering going back to it. ....plus I love the look people give me when I tell them what I do! LOL!
LMAO... I know what you mean -- I'm on the other end of that (I sell steel construction products), and when I travel for work, and someone in an airport, etc... strikes up a conversation with me, they're always surprised to hear what kind of industry I'm in (and more surprised when they realize I know my ****! )

Old 07-19-2006, 07:30 PM

Imma radio DJ...lol

In other words, I talk for a living. HAHAHAHA

Old 07-19-2006, 08:32 PM

im a resturaunt manager...fun stuff...

Old 07-19-2006, 09:25 PM

I used to manage restaurants but got tied of not having a life. Now I sell insurance and loans (focusing on bikes). This is the best job ever, I ride to work everyday and hang out in the cycle shops networking!

Old 07-19-2006, 11:34 PM

yeah its not bad right now.im just an assistant...a peon at the moment so its not tooo bad...

Old 07-20-2006, 11:00 AM

I work in a hospital down in there E.R. tell you what its been nuts having alot of bikers coming in with accidents. not fun.bad thing over half of them was riding at high rates of speed and no helmets. in my opinion if u plan on flying in the wind wear a helmet, but then still u have some accidents that could have prevented death without a helmet. i dont know, everyoe had their own views.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:45 PM

Currently, I'm a Medical Malpractice Paralegal. I actually just accepted a new offer and will be doing Corporate Law soon. I'm awaiting all the background searches, etc. to be complete, then I'm out of here!

Old 07-22-2006, 07:00 PM

i am a police officer. its kinda funny reading the off topic posts about, " the pigs suck" and "dont they have anything better to do".

personally, if a bike passes me, either doing 80mph or 15 mph, i am only looking cause i am checking out the bike. so.......for all the haters, we are not all alike. i would never pursue a bike 1) the bike would most likely dust me if it had a good driver and 2) the bikers or my life is not worth a crash

for the most part, i love my job..........

Old 07-22-2006, 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: imaCBRin

i am a police officer. its kinda funny reading the off topic posts about, " the pigs suck" and "dont they have anything better to do".

personally, if a bike passes me, either doing 80mph or 15 mph, i am only looking cause i am checking out the bike. so.......for all the haters, we are not all alike. i would never pursue a bike 1) the bike would most likely dust me if it had a good driver and 2) the bikers or my life is not worth a crash

for the most part, i love my job..........
I like it around here. Most of the police are extremely friendly. And, they let us get away with alot of stuff.

I kinda think being a police officer would be fun. But, i think I will stick with talking for a living. LOL

Quick Reply: Occupation?