Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

To kevlar or not to kevlar? Boots and Gloves.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 08:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To kevlar or not to kevlar? Boots and Gloves.

Ok so I am a noob ill admit it, and I have recently got a bike! So this is what I have to ride,

250 cbr honda
shoei rf 1100 helmet
velocity leather fully padded jacket
thin leather gloves with knuckle protection stops at the wrist

OK so my question is this, what r ur thoughts on gloves with the whole wrist covered (racing gloves)

Should I get boots?

And my main question kevlar pants or not? I wanted to buy a pair of draggin jeans from Aus but they are super pricey, which im ok with if they are worth the purchase. I wanted a pair of pants that obviously still look amazing but will protect me as well. I like the dainese ones but they only have kevlar around the knees.

Anyways any suggestions? I am super excited to start getting on the road!

Thanks

Old 11-15-2014, 05:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,
Dunno if it makes any difference since seems this post is old Sorry have been away.
I recon whole wrist gloves is up to you, depending on lots of things. I have both, whole wrist ones are really handy on early spring and later autumn and warmer for me.

Boots would be yes! I use them on longer than 100 km rides. Or atleast sth that covers ankles. Cause it can end up nasty if the bike falls on ur leg.
And kevlar, i would suggest. They are comfortable. Good for hot days. But I also have leather and textile, all depends on weather and temperature and nature of roads to take on. So at the end of the day choose what you would need most and then time by time trust me, you will get the bug of a need to get change of wardroab

Safe riding