Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

The Girlie Gear Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worn many helmets, this one is by far the most comfortable one love it they also come in black

Name:  imoto.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  21.3 KB

Last edited by Agnyte; 02-27-2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: wrong link
Old 03-02-2011, 09:47 AM

Hi there!! Im Katy! I have a Spidi women's jacket that is great, has excellent protection. It's a size too big, so I use it for cold weather and wear a hoodie under it.

I also have a Teknic Venom 2 piece suit. Theyre less protection than Spidi/high end suits, but I got a killer deal. They run very small, so order a few sizes bigger. Im a size 2 wet, but my suit is an 8 and with armor inside, it fits great!

Ive got a Shoei RF1000 Flutter that's very light and fits great. The X-11 is honestly better, but more expensive. Once the RF-1000 packs in, it gets a little loud.

AlpineStars Stella GpPlus gloves are in my opinion the best women's glove that is made. The protection is fantastic. I accidentally bought a size too small on Ebay (another killer deal) but after they stretched out, theyve been great.

Ive got Sidi Vertigo Air boots, but theyre mens. Theyre a tad too big, but some of the best boots on the market nonetheless. I always wanted the Stella boots, but honestly they seem like a downgrade. Dont buy white boots by the way! Mine need bleached BAD.

Lastly I have a Spidi Women's Back protector. Not a lot to say about it, but I love it. I took the cheapo back padding out of my suit and always use this back protector in place.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:28 PM
August 2011 ROTM

I just got Scorpion Nip Tuck jacket. I love it. But I am not sure what to do with the extra cord on the side. I tied up so it's not hanging. Otherwise, I love the fit. It fit almost like their Nikki leather jacket

Old 03-13-2011, 12:16 PM

Just got a new Icon jacket from the bike show... love it lots of armor.
http://www.bikerperformance.com/icon...ink-p6032.html

Old 03-18-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Agnyte
Worn many helmets, this one is by far the most comfortable one love it they also come in black

I want this one in black. I actually ordered it but then cancelled the order.
I finally got a chance to ride with my Alpinestars SMX 5 boots. They're awesome. I did about 100 miles and hung out for a couple hours in between. I had them on for a total of about 6 hours and they were super comfy. No sore feet from my pegs like with my Nikes and they were nice to walk around in too. Definitely made me feel a lot safer. It was only in the 60s so they weren't hot but that might change when it gets warmer.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:19 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by thatsarachik
I finally got a chance to ride with my Alpinestars SMX 5 boots. .
I have that too and it is comfortable. If I only have few hours to work, I leave it on until I leave.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered these:
Shift Racing Women's Curve Street Shoes - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

They were on sale.... I figured this way my ankles can be safe. Should be here by the 18th.. The reviews seem pretty good. I'm excited.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:41 AM
August 2011 ROTM

I just got Shift Racing Women's Silhouette Pants. I love this jeans. It looks just like regular jeans and the fit is great. They should be on sale in most stores around $79.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:21 PM

Hi all, and hello especially to Elfling! Was hoping you could give some advice.

I live in Hawaii, so the weather is warm but not suffocating, sometimes with rainbursts, and a lot of stop/go around-town driving. I'm a newbie rider soon-to-be driver trying to decide between the Scorpion Nip/Tuck Jacket in Black/Gold or the Icon Hella Leather in White.

Amazingly you have both! (Although you have the crossbones version.) What can you tell me about them for hot weather riding? Which is your favorite?

I want protection and I want to look good, but the nip/tuck is more than half the price of the Hella. Is the Hella worth the cost?

Anyone can jump in and offer advice, I'll appreciate it! Thanks!

Old 11-12-2011, 05:26 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Hi DBestAQ, I have leather in black and white both perforated. I love the looks of white but the backpack strap makes a black marking by the shoulder. So I am constantly cleaning. I also have mesh one but I only wear leather jacket in Hawaii. I don't think it makes a difference in stop and go traffic because air will not be going through the jacket.

I don't really like textile jacket. They seems bulky to me. I think I like Joe Rocket leather than icon. From what I read, sleeves on Icon are cut longer too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Girlie Gear Thread