The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

What RU listening 2 right now?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:57 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK so at this moment! I'm listening to 'The Fixer' by Humble Pie . A band I got into years ago and probably the most underrated band of ALL TIME! . Do yourselves a BIG FAVOUR! and click on this link:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDvo3K76ApA

Reportedly 'Peter Grant'(Led Zeppelin Manager), wanted Steve Mariott to front Led Zep , but Steve's manager threatened to 'break his legs'(Peter Grants'), so it never happened

This is by no means their best track , there's plenty more out there , just never found another 'PIE' fan and I'm sure it'll be right up your street , if your anything like me

A great 'download' would be the 'Hot 'n' Nasty' 'Anthology' album , not that you guys would do such a despicable thing!!

Old 08-12-2009, 12:22 AM

Hawkwind. I used to have a Humble Pie tape until it died from too much use! Must replace it as they were an awesome band. I think I saw Hawkwind too at a festival...but I can't be sure..I saw all kinds of things at festivals .. You ever see "The Magic Mushroom Band"? Wild times back in the eighties! I'm an now though.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:44 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Originally Posted by davethepom
Hawkwind. I used to have a Humble Pie tape until it died from too much use! Must replace it as they were an awesome band. I think I saw Hawkwind too at a festival...but I can't be sure..I saw all kinds of things at festivals .. You ever see "The Magic Mushroom Band"? Wild times back in the eighties! I'm an now though.
Many people have seen these bands,but can't remamber
Nice to find another 'Pie' fan , I can't think of another band that deserve recognition so much , but no-one seems to have heard of them

The Magic Mushroom Band? Never heard of them but I'll check 'em out
If your into festivals click on this , turns out to be a sad story , but around 2.50 into the vid you get a touch of (I think) DUMPY's Rusty Nuts!!!! Well worth a listen!!

Old 08-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember Humble Pie from somewhere a while back... Maybe my dad listened to them...not sure.

Today I listened to the Allman Brothers on my ride to work.

Right now, I'm listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Takes me back to a couple concerts I saw them at. Good times, great group.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:35 AM

I'm a classic rock fan, my era, came of age in the late sixties and early seventies. The Mrs. and I rode to a Stones concert in Louisville in 2006. That really reawakened interest. I worked out to Mick Jagger this morning. His solo stuff. Favorites: God Gave Me Everything, Wired All Night, Wandering Spirit. Get the heart pumpin!

Old 08-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neil Young oops, song just changed, now its REO Speedwagon, "157 riverside Avenue" off of a record (yes I said Record) called "Epic Rock" put out by KISW sometime in the early eighties. I have about 25 of my vinyls ripped to harddrive so far (wave files none of those ***** MP3's ) and I just have Media Player shuffle thru them, I add more as I have time. sometimes I listen to www.pandora.com. In case nobody has guessed yet by my screen name and my avatar i'm a bass player, and when my PA stuff is at home I have about 2K watts to annoy my neighbors with. I like it loud and lots of bass!!

Old 08-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob Dylan ....................Hurricane The Story Behind the Lyrics

There is a house

Edge Bono Greenday.......Saints are Coming

Last edited by Sprock; 08-19-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Which one Steve........brewing a good strong mug I hope

Quick Reply: What RU listening 2 right now?