The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

What RU listening 2 right now?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 12:16 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question What RU listening 2 right now?

This is a music related thread , to let us know what your listening to while you surf the 'CBR Forum', or what your REALY into at the moment. A bit of background would be nice

Just thought , as we are all are so different , but so similar , we might find some new CHOONZ we can share?

I'm sittin here listen to 'The Who', 'Quadrophenia' . I'll probably play it from end to end , 'cos once I start it , it has to 'run it's course'

Background :-
I first borrowed this album from my mate Andy Wyper when I was about 14/15 (1974/75) and kept it for about a year! I just loved the whole concept , it's not all 'rock 'n' roll', but it struck a chord in me and I've loved it ever since . The Who were great at the 'Rock Opera', thing and 'Tommy' was the thing at the time . But to me this is the greatest 'Rock Opera' album of all time!
Of course , little did I know that years later I would live in Brighton , which is where most of the Album is set .
If you never heard it , give it a try

Don't forget , this isn't supposed to be 'my favourite band'(though they are one of the greatest!), it's what your listening to right now , or what's in my CD player . I'm a Hooge LED ZEP & HAWKWIND fan , but I 'aint listenin' to them right now!

Last edited by hawkwind; 01-28-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:33 PM

Currently in the laptop is AC/DC "For Those about To Rock". In the car's stacker is Rush "Moving Pictures" (I saw them on that tour..it was f'n great!), Led Zep, two more AC/DC albums, Motorhead (don't play it when Kath's in the car, but the kids love it! I don't think Kath appreciates the more subtle qualities of Lemmy's voice..) and an ABBA cd (not played when I'm in the car!!! Because it's ****e!!!). Yesterday arvo I cranked up "The Wall" and drank beer on the front veranda...nice!

The above expletive got starred out. Fair enough, but I was talking about ABBA...It had an s, an h, an i, and a t in my original post. Sorry guys it just slipped out when I remembered how carp* they were (*dyslexia stikes again).

Last edited by davethepom; 08-09-2009 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Sorry, I swore...
Old 08-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The above expletive got starred out. Fair enough, but I was talking about ABBA...It had an s, an h, an i, and a t in my original post. Sorry guys it just slipped out when I remembered how carp* they were (*dyslexia stikes again).
LOL .......ya nearly had me Dave ...........I had a y instead of the i

I'm working to the old "painted black" right now

Old 08-09-2009, 08:32 PM

At work I've got the radio on all day in my workshop. It's tuned to a reasonably rock station with plenty of good tunes on. Sometimes though I'll fire up the plug in speakers and the computer and blast out some Police or AC/DC. At first I used to get a few looks from some other staff when I'd crank it up, but now they're used to it. Might have to get a sub woofer..hmm.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:24 AM
RIP "The Baron of Bronson"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I listen to most all (very little country or rap though). Lots of talk radio too; I have to have my daily Howard Stern fix. Lots of Indie and Lo-Fi here. The little known / played stuff. Lots of acoustic too. I'm starting to make an attempt at playing guitar. I think that's how I'm gonna get back at my idiot nieghbor. They'll probably think I'm killing one of thier cats lol. I have many friends who are very talented and hopefully patient musicians who I am beginning to work with.

Also VERY big into our local music scene. Not to mention the classics. Real big OLD Rush fan for the 2112, Hemispheres, ect era.

I saw Tool in concert last month.

However at this very second, I am listening to "Follow The Cops Back Home" by Placebo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS0W99z2kfI

Placebo is small band that primarily plays and stays in Europe. Real different group of guys and they put on a hell of a show. They are kinda my go to music when I'm winding down or in that dark area. Going to see them in Vegas next month at the House of Blues

I got the hard stuff cranked when working in the garage.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At the moment I'm listening to "Friend of the Devil" by The Grateful Dead.
I guess I'm kind-of in a chilled out mood today. I was listening to Bob Dylan "Blood on the Tracks" earlier.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:23 PM
RIP "The Baron of Bronson"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Set out running but I take my time, The friend of the devil is a friend of mine.... Great I'll be singing that all day now....

Old 08-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hannah Montana.........the sooner these layabout kids get summer jobs the better

Jaysus this is like your brain on a cheese grater !

Old 08-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Set out running but I take my time, The friend of the devil is a friend of mine.... Great I'll be singing that all day now....
Ha ha...
I get that one stuck in my head all the time.
I never really liked the Grateful Dead for the longest time, (maybe because I never really liked hippies, either...lol..), but I've grown to like the band over the last few years (not the hippies, I still hate them ).

I listened to Paul Simon on the way home from work today. I like Paul Simon and I like Simon and Garfunkel a lot, too.

I don't know why I've been getting back into the softer stuff lately. I'm a big fan of a lot of harder music, too...

Quick Reply: What RU listening 2 right now?