The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

New Hurricane Members say hello here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to the forum DTownRunner. you may find other riders in the South West section. I know we have a few in the 1kF section from the Dallas area.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help im stuck in scotland!!!!!!

as usual nothing has gone right for me,i have a 1992 cbr 1000f (non linked brake) so I did a full service running sweet as a nut , the rear pads weren't the best so I changed them bled etc working perfectly, front brakes had a little judder so I thought better to be safe than sorry so I stripped them down lightly greased slide points and pistons and seals,greased edges and rear of pads lightly,just as I have done on every bike ive ever had and now they just will not bleed at all??????? pistons will move freely round with fingers so they are not jammed,i have removed the pipe from cylinder and put my finger over the end to cause a vacuum and that works,it just doesn't seem as though there is the pressure to forcefully push the brake fluid out the bottom no matter how many times I have attempted to bleed,i opened the furthest away bleed nipple first and tried but at best got a trickle no matter what I did,ive checked the full system and there doesn't appear to be any air getting in or fluid leaking????? I think the fluid may be old but I would have still thought it would not effect any pressure?? I need to get the pistons to push in and out as they should then fresh fluid... im COMPLETLY PUZZLED,I HAVE DONE THIS A THOUSAND TIMES ON ALL MY OTHER BIKES BUT THIS 1 JUST DOESNT WANT TO PLAY!
PLEASE HELP

Old 01-26-2014, 01:50 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum Carrgti.

They are a b#tch to get started, I'm sure you know the procedure, so I'm afraid it's a case of persistance and lots of squeezing!

Post up a new thread here for more help :- CBR 1000F "Hurricane" - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

Old 03-05-2014, 12:58 AM
Default Hiya

Hello and greetings from sunny Morecambe (its true, the sun is actually shining here)
Am new to the forum since yesterday. Just building me a special, based on a hurricane. 87 frame coz the later ones are even more ugly, 97 engine, 13inch wide front end, drag pipes etc.
Its not going to be pretty coz I cant be doing with the whole polishing and getting mad every time I go out on a shiny bike coz the weather ***** it up thing.
Nice in here, could just do with a leather couch or two...now wheres the kettle

Old 03-05-2014, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Good to see you found the Saloon Daz.

Looking forward to pics - I posted a how to in your intro message.

Cheers, SB

Old 03-05-2014, 03:29 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
Good to see you found the Saloon Daz.

Looking forward to pics - I posted a how to in your intro message.

Cheers, SB
Your helpfulness knows no bounds Seb but I'm sure Cochise is already pretty good at making hot drinks.
Where is the kettle anyway?

Old 03-05-2014, 03:48 AM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome in daz

Old 03-05-2014, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryM
Your helpfulness knows no bounds Seb but I'm sure Cochise is already pretty good at making hot drinks.
Where is the kettle anyway?

Nice one Henry..............just to threadjack completely - How ya doing?

And how's my experimental CCT going? Ready to beta test down here!

Cheers, SB

Old 03-05-2014, 05:19 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Well if I can quickly thread jack a reply......
I'm about to take a look at my CCT in the next two or three weeks to see how it's holding up after the last 25K miles of testing. I've noticed a very slight amount of chatter in the last few weeks which makes me think the spring needs a bit more compression but overall it's been a complete success.
I guess I'd better pull my finger out and start making some now that I know the design works as it should.
Keep nagging me though please mate..... I've got an R6 engine rebuild on the go at the moment so I should be starting to think of a small engineering run on HMCCT's when I'm done with that.

Back to the thread...... Can't wait to see your mad creation Cochise. Hopefully Seb told you how to upload pics as well as make tea.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:03 PM

Hey guys posting from Maine, got an 88 600 hurricane that im starting on, needs some tlc, its mostly all there need a few parts and pieces, but should be able to find them on ebay etc. The bike has 54k on it, been painted 3 times, from what I can tell,,, in the process of electolysing the tank now to get the rust out, starting to clean up the frame and get to the carbs, got the Clymer book on order, so just waiting for it, I downloaded the sticky for the manual here, that has helped so far.

Quick Reply: New Hurricane Members say hello here!