The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

New CBR1F member from Germany

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 01:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New CBR1F member from Germany

Thought I should start here...

I'm Carl, from the UK but living in Germany, so if there are any English speaking riders in Germany get in touch.

A little bit about me and my CBR1F partnerships. It's started in 1992 when I bought my first one which was a 1990 CBR1000FL red / white / blue and she was totally amazing and was the best bike I had owned up until that point, super fast and all day comfortable. Then a few years later my Daughter arrived and the biking stopped and it was a sad day when I sold her.

Fast forward 20 years and I now finally have some free time and a little cash to return to biking. I had kept reasonably in touch with newer models over the years but when I started to look and sit on a wide range of bikes nothing really CLICKED with me and I started thinking about another CBR1F.
Plus when I looked at the brand new bikes I just couldn't justify the 8-11 thousand needed to buy something new... when it did not offer 10 times more fun or looks of a used CBR1F.

So, last summer I started looking and found a really smart well kept almost new condition one and after some frantic telephone calls the day the bike went up for sale.... and a 6 hour round trip the next day.... I bought her.
A 1999 FX version in metallic Red with only 38K km on the clock and lots of receipts and clearly lots of care and love bestowed upon her.

So, during autumn and winter I've been riding and caring out a long list of things I wanted to get checked or replaced or serviced.

Also, I've been lurking around the site for a while and I am grateful for all the hints and tips I found that have helped me get loads of jobs done.

Look forward to be able to contribute
Carl

Old 06-23-2016, 06:10 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to the forum Hondadog.

Sounds like you've got a good one.
I do understand your story. I went through that when I was married with kids. Just to hard to load 3 kids, 1 wife and a dog on the back of the 750, so I had to let it go.

It sat in the garage for several years before I finally let it go, then she asked for a divorce. lol

Old 06-23-2016, 08:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Timbuctwo

Thanks and I know what you mean. Smile

Have I posted in the correct place...I was not sure and do you know if there is an app for the forum ?

Carl