The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Hey guys, back from the dead

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 04:06 AM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Wink Hey guys, back from the dead

Hi there guys!

Like the artist formerly known as Prince, I am the member formerly known as Hawkwind. Not been on here for a long time, so have for gotten all my log on details, so had to re-register.

Lots of things have been happening, but for me the most significant of which has been undergoing triple heart by-pass surgery in July. I was only 56 at the time, so it came as a bit of a shock to both me and my family, especially as I've always been so fit and healthy.

Luckily, being young and otherwise fit has helped my recovery. I was in hospital for only 4 days and after three months am back at work and pretty much back to normal, apart from now being on medication.

I went through 18 months of tests to find out what the problem was, every test came back negative and showed me to be fit and healthy. It was only my wife's insistence that I continue, that we finally got to find out how close I was to a fatal heart attack, so I can thank her first and foremost for saving my life.

It was only when I had an angiogram, that it was discovered that two of my four coronary arteries were completely blocked and a third artery had grown and adapted to supply blood to 2/3 of my heart. This third artery was however now itself severely blocked and could fail at any time, resulting in a fatal heart attack.

Thankfully, my surgeon, got me into hospital very quickly, up to this point I still had 100% heart function, most people at this point have had a heart attack and lost some of their heart muscle/function, but for me it was all or nothing.

Anyway, on to the subject of bikes. As I realised tomorrow may never come, I thought it was high time I bought a Fireblade while I could still get my leg over it!!

Here's a couple of pictures of the new and the old

Name:  03%20CBR%20x%202%20Mod_zpscy7asgsg.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  423.1 KB

Name:  02%20FireBlade%20side%20view%20mod_zpsn1athbyr.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  371.5 KB

Name:  01Fireblade%20left%20view_zpsasw3rddr.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  346.6 KB

Name:  05%20Bikes%20rear%20view%20mod_zpsaayllnca.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  420.2 KB

Old 11-12-2016, 09:52 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome back Hawk, and Happy Birthday!

We were wondering about you, and even feared the worst. Glad to hear you dodged the bullet. You owe your wife big time for being so persistent....

Did you try the password recovery on your old account?

Old 11-12-2016, 10:32 AM

Can't remember any of the details Demon, the double sign in thing had me stumped when I tried.

And yeah, my wife is totally saved my life!

Old 11-12-2016, 10:49 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

You must still be worth more to her alive....

You should be able to have the system email your password to you. The 2 step auth key can be reset as well.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy to hear your story and we've never met but your intentions came through in your post- I feel like I know you.

What's the difference between a Fireblade and Hurricane?

Old 11-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Oh man, great to see you back on here! And that is one clean blade! Health issues suck. I'm so glad to hear they caught it in time and you're okay! I was just asking about you the other day, it's great to see you have a great attitude about it as well. Have fun keeping the front end of the blade on the pavement!

Old 11-12-2016, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Well Bugger Me!

Fantastic to see you back here Hawk, and even better to see you back here alive and well!!!

And well done to both you and your Wife for persevering to find and solve the problem. Hope you're 100% healthy now. Here's my advice - cut down on the vegetables - they'll kill you every time.

Nice 'Blade you picked up as well.

Cheers, SB

Old 11-12-2016, 03:24 PM

Thanks for the sentiments guys, everyday is a bonus to me now and I relish each and every one.

The blade came up at a price I couldn't refuse, it's in great condition, adjustable leavers, Ohlins rear shock, braided front brake lines. There's nothing to do with it except ride

@Jaybird - The Blade is so much lighter than the Hurricane, with about the same power, so things get blurry when I twist the throttle and she tips into corners very easily. I'm still used to my big old red girl, so I'll be spending the winter getting used to the new riding style, weather permitting.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:48 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to hear you have overcome the health problems, now it looks like some time for some fun and that Blade looks like just the ticket.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
Well Bugger Me!

Fantastic to see you back here Hawk, and even better to see you back here alive and well!!!

And well done to both you and your Wife for persevering to find and solve the problem. Hope you're 100% healthy now. Here's my advice - cut down on the vegetables - they'll kill you every time.

Nice 'Blade you picked up as well.

Cheers, SB
Cheers Seb, funny the vegetable advice is exactly what the surgeon told me Big Mac three times a day from now on (NOT!)

Originally Posted by jarvid
Good to hear you have overcome the health problems, now it looks like some time for some fun and that Blade looks like just the ticket.
My sentiments exactly Jarvid, thought I'd better get one now, while I can still get my leg over

Quick Reply: Hey guys, back from the dead