How To's Show us what ya did and how ya did it!

HOW TO - CARB SYNC / BALANCE - MANY PICTURES

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi just a quick question on this... Seems like we balance all carbs to carb 2.. Why is carb to special? Was it manufactured to always have the correct air/fuel mix??

just re-read the post..cheers

"they all adjust the relative position of
the throttle slides or throttle butterflies of each carb to each other or to a master preset carb"

Last edited by horse_power777; 04-28-2011 at 03:52 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Default synch pathy

tried my hand at this tonight...but all 4 needles where just flapping like crazy..
is it just leaking? or do i have to use the small brass pipes that came with the unit. i just got straight hose on both ends. its an mgo carb syncroniser..not sure why they bouncing round, any thoughts be helpful never done this before ..cheers

Attached Thumbnails HOW TO - CARB SYNC / BALANCE - MANY PICTURES-vac-002.jpg   HOW TO - CARB SYNC / BALANCE - MANY PICTURES-vac3.jpg  
Old 04-29-2011, 02:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not the brass fittings you need, but rather the 4 plastic 'T' connectors. These restrict the vacuum and steady the needles. Fit one in each line, run the bike to operating temperature and then tighten the connectors until the needles steady. Make sure you don't overtighten them or you'll get false readings. A fluctuation of about 1 marker on the gauge is ideal.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by rockchevy85
It's not the brass fittings you need, but rather the 4 plastic 'T' connectors. These restrict the vacuum and steady the needles. Fit one in each line, run the bike to operating temperature and then tighten the connectors until the needles steady. Make sure you don't overtighten them or you'll get false readings. A fluctuation of about 1 marker on the gauge is ideal.
thanks heaps rockchevy..
I ended up working it out after some reflection..the t connectors are like a tap or valve.. I was just worried i killed the vaccum gauges with too much vaccum when i first tried it.. waiting for the morning to run the test.. dont want to annoy the poor neighbours..

Old 05-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have the diameter/size of the ports? Thinking about making one of these: Instructions for Carb Sync Tool = $5.00 : Yamaha R6 Forum: R6MessageNet : YZF-R6 Forums

Old 03-22-2013, 03:41 PM

I just recently got a 1990 CBR1000f. I have a motionpro Carb sync that I am dying to use. I found this post and I am very interested in reading it, but.... No pictures. I think the post it just to old to show pictures. Can you please repost the pictures or update this thread!?! PLEASE!!! It would be very helpful to me.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:02 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AMSOIL929
I just recently got a 1990 CBR1000f. I have a motionpro Carb sync that I am dying to use. I found this post and I am very interested in reading it, but.... No pictures. I think the post it just to old to show pictures. Can you please repost the pictures or update this thread!?! PLEASE!!! It would be very helpful to me.
Sorry mate - my pictures are currently "LOST"..... but you can watch the video I made of the pictures here ....

Old 03-23-2013, 10:32 AM

Excellent and phenomenal video! Thank you so much! One more thing it you do not mind. I realized you have +/- 75% less vacuum lines. Honestly I think I have 30 different vacuum lines for emissions reasons. It is a California model so it this big ugly nasty canister and two pvc valves and it is a nightmare. I want to delete all of that but not 100% sure how to run the vacuum lines that will remain. If you could make a vacuum diagram that would be great!. I do knot know if you have one already but if not if you could draw something or pull something from a manual I would surly be grateful.

Again thanks for the Video it will most definitely come in handy.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:10 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by AMSOIL929
I want to delete all of that but not 100% sure how to run the vacuum lines that will remain. If you could make a vacuum diagram that would be great!. .
See Workshop Manual Chapter 5. All lines are listed / shown there.
Have fun...

Old 03-24-2013, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Naga_Thai
See Workshop Manual Chapter 5. All lines are listed / shown there.
Have fun...
I have the manual but is shows me all the hoses and doesn't let me know of What I can and can't remove.

Quick Reply: HOW TO - CARB SYNC / BALANCE - MANY PICTURES