How To's Show us what ya did and how ya did it!

HOW TO - CARB SYNC / BALANCE - MANY PICTURES

Old 07-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a '96 1000f, I don't see any connection spots on the top of the carbs. In the workshop manual it says they're on the top towards the front (the head) but they are no where to be found on mine. The closest thing I can find are 2 lines (each connected to 2 carbs) towards the back (air box). In the workshop manual they're labeled as the air bent tubes, I've got no clue what that is and it doesn't show exactly where they go either. I would take a pic of my carbs right quick but I just got back in from work and had to ride in the rain for a good 20 minutes, I'm soaked and don't feel like going back outside haha

Old 07-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey! They're on the head. LOL

If you start at the fuel petcock and follow the vacuum line to the head you'll get the picture.

On my '94, the petcock line is on #1 port, on the head.
#2 & #3 have rubber caps on them.
You can only see port 1 & 2 from the left side of the bike
and port 3 &4 from the right side only.
#4 has a Phillips head screw in it to close it off.

You will have to apply a vacuum to the petcock when doing the sync to keep gas flowing. This can be done with a 'T' or what I do. I use a hand held vacuum brake bleeder to keep vacuum to the petcock.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:27 PM

So if I'm understanding you correctly there should be a hose running from #1 to the petcock to work the diaphragm in the petcock. If so then that's probably my problem, there's nothing running to or from the petcock except the fuel line. The fuel still flows no problem, but then that probably means there's a chance that #1 is open and I've got a vacuum leak there which would explain my idling issues. Thanks TimBucTwo, I'm going to go check and see if that is my issue

Old 07-01-2013, 08:20 PM

Problem solved, #1 was laying there loose and the plug on #3 was gone. Just plugged #1 then cut some hose and plugged #3, now she's idling good other than needing to adjust the pilot screw a little. Thanks TimBucTwo, you're the man

Old 07-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TBT fixes stuff without even trying.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:21 PM

Got a set of vacuum gauges in today and attempted to sync the carbs on my '96 cbr1000f.

On here I know it says that #2 carb is the base line carb and cannot be adjusted, my workshop manual says that #3 is the base line, but #1 seems to be the one I can't adjust.

I tried adjusting each screw and they control #2-#4, I get #2 adjusted with #1 and it throws 3 and 4 off, get 3 and 4 adjusted to 1 and it throws 2 off.

I tried adjusting 2 to where it'll fall even with 1 when I adjust 3 and 4 but that didn't work either after about 45 minutes playing with them, now I'm stumped and just got 3 and 4 with 1 leaving 2 just out of adjustment.

I'm not sure what to do from here other than leave it how it is or that I may need to do something different to the carbs so they adjust to each other evenly.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hillbilly86
Got a set of vacuum gauges in today and attempted to sync the carbs on my '96 cbr1000f.

On here I, my know it says that #2 carb is the base line carb and cannot be adjusted workshop manual says that #3 is the base line, but #1 seems to be the one I can't adjust.

I tried adjusting each screw and they control #2-#4, I get #2 adjusted with #1 and it throws 3 and 4 off, get 3 and 4 adjusted to 1 and it throws 2 off.

I tried adjusting 2 to where it'll fall even with 1 when I adjust 3 and 4 but that didn't work either after about 45 minutes playing with them, now I'm stumped and just got 3 and 4 with 1 leaving 2 just out of adjustment.

I'm not sure what to do from here other than leave it how it is or that I may need to do something different to the carbs so they adjust to each other evenly.
Not sure which model CBR1000F you have ( I think you have Series 3 < carbs have black plastic covers > ) but here is simple answer..

If carbs have metal covers on to then this writeup is correct including connections and details of which carb is fixed - and then all other carbs are balanced to this one. (#2 carb is the base line carb and cannot be adjusted)

If carbs have black plastic covers on to then go here
CBR Farkles
for connections and details of which carb is fixed - and then all other carbs are balanced to this one. (#3 carb is the base line carb and cannot be adjusted) The Manual you are referring to is for this models set of carbs.

Last edited by Naga_Thai; 08-06-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:50 PM

Would love it if someone could resurrect the pics which seem to be missing! :-)

Old 07-25-2022, 06:37 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It’s a shame that all the pictures and videos the OP refers to are no longer available.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

@Naga_Thai You still have that video? Currently marked as private. Apparently it's still popular.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HOW TO - CARB SYNC / BALANCE - MANY PICTURES