HARDCORP 8654 Dedicated to the memory of Tim ...

Rip HARDCORP 8654

Old 10-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. Sad sad day.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default To my friend

To Tim, to Gunny my friend, and above all, an honorable and noble human being.
I cannot tell you what your friendship meant to me, your tremendous sense of humour, and willingness to help others at any time, are an example to all who had the good fortune to know you.

I will grieve for you, and your family...................

YOU WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN

TRIBUTE TO MY FALLEN FRIEND

HE LIES SO STILL, AND YET HE’LL STILL BE THERE
WHENEVER FRIENDS WILL GATHER THEY TAKE CARE
TO SAY HIS NAME WITH REVERENCE PROFOUND
FOR HE WAS ONE, ALONE, WHO STOOD HIS GROUND

HE LIVED AND DIED, AND KEPT THE SOLDIER’S CODE
HE’D HELP A FELLOW BIKER, SHARE HIS LOAD,
AND ALWAYS WITH A SMILE WOULD TALK OF TIMES
BUT NOW HE'S GONE, WHEN HE WAS IN HIS PRIME

SO MANY MEN HE HELPED ALONG THE WAY
AND NONE SHOULD BE TOO PROUD TODAY TO SAY
WE KNEW THE MAN AND ALL HE CAME TO BE
A LEGEND LOST, BUT NOW HIS SOUL IS FREE

WE MISS HIM NOW AND YET THE PAIN WILL PASS
A TRIBUTE TO HIS MEMORY WILL LAST
BEYOND THE DAYS OF MOST LACKLUSTRE MEN
FOR HE WAS ONE I KNEW AND CALLED HIM FRIEND.

Timothy A "Gunny" Wilkinson
RIP my Brother
I will miss you
Semper Fidelis.....

PETE

Old 10-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RIP Tim. Heard the news yesterday and I'm still haunted by it. my condolences to his family.

semper fi.

Vinny

Old 10-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

R.I.P. My heart goes out to all his family,and if the family needs any help count on me.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:36 PM

R.I.P. Tim. I miss you already, my most sincere condolenses.

God Bless your young Family. I have always had the utmost respect for you, your morals, and your service.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:12 PM

Thank you so much for all your wonderful words about Tim. I had my brother post for me because I know Tim would have wanted all of you to know. This forum and the ppl here meant alot to him. Here are some details of what happened. It was a car accident with 3 deaths. I talked to the investigators yesterday and the case is still open. They don't think anybody other than Tim and the two others that were in the SUV where involved. Late Thursday night, early Friday morning in a very rural area on a two lane state highway, 650 miles from where they were suppose to be, the SUV crashed. They know it was sometime around 1 a.m., because at 12:15 a.m.. they had stopped at a gas station and Tim used his card for something. A company credit card was used at the same time to fill up the SUV. About 40 miles up the road is where the accident happened on a straightaway. I don't know how they figure out the speed thing, but was told the SUV was traveling at over 100 mph when it made a sharp right turn off the road, through a fence, up a small hill and hit a tree. It turned over a couple of times and landed upside down in a small private lake on the backside of the hill. They said that Tim was the only person to make it out of the SUV after it was in the water. The medical report said he had two crushed vertebrae in his back and his spine was messed up. They said he would have been paralyzed from about the waist down, but managed to get to the shore and was found laying on his back with his phone in his hand. He had so many internal injuries, including some broken ribs, which had punctured one lung, he just didn't have a chance of making it, even if they had been found right away. The only reason the case is still open is because nobody can explain the high speed of the SUV or why they were so far from where they were suppose to be. Tim and the driver were supposed to be in Illinois at a place his company owns, doing some work. They were there on Wednesday, but they weren't seen from Wednesday night on and the third guy did not work for the company at the time of the crash. He had worked for the company in the past. There were some guns in the SUV that belonged to the company and should have been in Illinois. So they're trying to answer these questions before they close the case. They are pretty sure some deer probably ran in the road and the driver swerved to miss the deer and went off the road. Nobody tested positive for alcohol or drugs. They think sleep and speed most likely were the main factor, at least that's what the investigator said. They have worked very hard to keep it quiet because of the company they work for and the type of work they did and because the case is still open. Regardless of what you might have heard about the people Tim work for, they have been nothing but great to us since the beginning of all of this. They have paid for everything. They took care of all of the travel including the plane tickets and have already set up a full pension to take care of me and my boys. From what I understand, they have answered every question and volunteered everything needed to help the investigators clear this up.

To anyone who has tried to call his cell phone, I do not have it. His company is strongly requesting that the phone and his laptop be turned over to them. I have no idea why the phone, but am too tired to care. Thank you again to all of his friends on here.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for letting us know what happened to Tim, Christie.
To you and your boys - may you be granted peace and know that you were the light of Tim's life.
I will miss him, and feel really old today. Perhaps these words written for a friend will ease the burden ...................

TIME

It’s often said that time will heal our hurt,
And lead us on to better memories
But tell it to the friend who is in pain,
And sure it is that she will disagree.

I can but try with words to soothe your wounds
And patch you up to face another day
But time will ease the burden and the sounds
Of anguish heard, from many miles away.

We have in life so often felt the ache
And miss the ones who leave us here, behind
To travel to a better place and make
A place for us to dream of, and to find.

So take some time, consider who is here
And give them all the love that’s in your soul,
For time will mark the passing, year by year
Of sadness and the loss you can’t control.

As days go by and dim the loss you feel
The pain will fade to gentle memory-
My words are all I have to help you heal
However well intentioned they may be.

Shadow
Tim's friend.

Old 10-18-2009, 03:49 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Christie,

I am so sorry for you and your boys loss. Guys like Tim do not come around very often in this world and to be considered his friend was a great honor. If you need anything at all please let me know and will do whatever I can.

gregg

Old 10-19-2009, 01:01 PM

I cant get this out of my mind.. Its so horrible... I feel so deeply for his wife and kids. I cant even imagine the hurt you guys are feeling. It kept me up last night and couldnt help to think about how his kids and wife are.. I will be praying for you guys for a long time to come.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rip HARDCORP 8654