Go Back   CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners > General > General Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2008, 03:22 PM

Default Valve Shims

hey guys, im getting ready to check my valves on my 02 F4i, and was wondering where the best place to get an assortment of shims would be. are there shims that are specifically for the F4i, or just for Honda bikes in general? thanks!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CBRForum!
-PCIII USB - Two Bros Map
-954rr CA Taillight
-ZG Dark Smoke Windscreen
Old 05-02-2008, 10:33 PM

Default RE: Valve Shims

I just got done doing mine on my 954, I went to the honda dealer and there about 8 bucks each, dont know if there universal or just general for honda's, mine looked like the size of an eraser and were round. hope that helps.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:18 AM

You can go to just about any dealer. I think you are running 7.5mm shims. Each manufacture makes shims those size, and also aftermarket shims. I think though the thing you want to look for are shims that look like they are harden. There are two types of material I think they make shims in. Sintered like sintered brake pads, and hardened metal ones. I was never sure which was suppose to work for what bikes, but if you get the OEM honda ones you can't go wrong. But i think that hot cams, and the other aftermarket ones use sintered type shims.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Banned

If you're going to be doing this yourself in the future, you can get shim kits for a little change.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:40 PM

KidCr3nshaw, can you recommend somewhere online to get a kit, or should my local dealer have one?
-PCIII USB - Two Bros Map
-954rr CA Taillight
-ZG Dark Smoke Windscreen
Old 05-04-2008, 05:40 PM

Tags
2005, cam, cbr, cbr600f3, change, diameter, difference, f4i, honda, hot, material, onhonda, shim, shims, size, valve