Go Back   CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners > General > General Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2006, 04:09 AM

Default Unlocking a gas tank lock

Well the new gas tank i bought finally came in and of course the moron forgot to take the cap off. He wont send me the key and im to damn cheap to pay for it to be picked. I just need it to unlock, i dont need the lock anymore since im using my old one. Anyone got any ideas
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CBRForum!
Old 04-11-2006, 04:51 AM

Default RE: Unlocking a gas tank lock

Problem is if you drill it you will leave stuff in the tank..... bar picking it (GOOD LUCK!!!)not much to do...
Old 04-11-2006, 06:06 AM

http://home.howstuffworks.com/lock-picking.htm

dont tell anyone i told you, or i could get kicked out of the thiefs guild haha..

actually you can learn how to pick lock it if you like, but takes some time - and you always got that big *** drill in the garage muhaha..

just remember the important steps

Make sure you do it in a parking lot or a public area, dont want anyone to get the wrong idea.
Make sure you wear full black when doing picking and a mask (it helps the picking go faster for some reason.. just like vinyls on a bike)
Make sure daytime, people can and will come up to you and give you advice if you are doing it wrong
and if a cop starts to come your way, just run...

with these steps you will be a master of lockpicking in no time or in jail doing 5 to 10

(but seriously, good luck with the gas tank.. )

Old 04-11-2006, 06:45 AM

just tell them i told you, i pick locks for the hell of it and im not in the guild.

Theres nothing to it and its pretty damn easy if you can get your hands on the real lock picks instead of home made ones
Old 04-11-2006, 09:34 AM

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Turboedsupe

im to damn cheap to pay for it to be picked.

well real lock picks are like what? $40 or so? Pros probbly beening in the triple digits.. but this guy wants to pull a Mcgavuer with this gas tank... (and just FYI, i was joking thru the whole last comment.. just my bad sarcasim at work)

But i am being serious at picklocking, or get rdy to pay whatever it cost a locksmith to come out =/ (never bought one, but i bet it's at least $100 per) so you might want to look into some picks, then you can be ready for anything.. Like if the wife kicks you out of the house "GET OUT B****, i dont need you anymore.. " - just wait till she is asleep, pick the door and just sneak onto the couch haha..

anyways, why the hell can't he send the key - you just put it in the evelope and mail it off.. it should of came with it as long as he didnt say "Tank comes AS IS" or told you there are no keys..
Old 04-13-2006, 08:35 PM

I would drill it while someone else held a vacuum next to the drill bit. The vacuum should get all the shavings.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:08 PM

Not sure what its like on your bike but on mine I can remove the whole gas cap with a few allen screws that are on the top. Plus you said you were going to use your old cap anyways. So if you can do that they why not? Maybe your bike is diff though I'm not sure.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:08 PM

Tags
2005, bike, cap, cbr, gas, honda, key, lock, locks, lockset, motorcycle, opening, pick, picking, tank, unlock