General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 CBR600 Turn signal issues

Old 02-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 08 CBR600 Turn signal issues

I have some aftermarket turn signals on my 08 600rr and they have worked great up until now.

Long story short, when working, they stay on solid while in standby and flash normally when active.

Turning the bike on after winter storage I noticed my right turn signal is no long on at full power. It is extremely dim while in standby and my left light will sometimes be on at full brightness and if I fiddle with the turn siganl switch it will sometimes cut out.

If I activate the turn signals for left or right, they both work. Full brightness and no change in flash speed. But as soon as I turn the signal off, the right goes dim and depending on fiddling of the turn signal switch, the left will sometimes be on or it will cut out entirely.

I have tried to think of possible issues and all I can think of is a possible connection issue in the actual turn signal housing. So, I pulled it apart and tried to see if there was anything obvious. I did notice some electrical lubricant/grease on the contact point for the switch, but have yet to take the wires apart or trace them and fiddle with it more.

I am pretty sure that a low battery would not cause the issue but maybe it would. The battery hasn't been on a tender over storage.

Not sure if anyone has faced this issue or has any possible ideas where to start, but I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance!