F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Your Favorite Riding Moment???

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Favorite Riding Moment???

Just thought it would be cool to find out from the group what is your very favorite riding moment out of all of it?

Describe it to us!!! Help us "be there" with you as you're riding!!!

Thanks!!! This ought to be a great read!!!!!!!!

Old 03-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Default RE: Your Favorite Riding Moment???

Last year was my first year riding. My girlfriend was also planning on getting a bike but I got mine first so she rode in the back with me. The first few weeks I took it easy cause 1- I was a beginner and 2- I had a passenger. Anyways, my girlfriend loved to ride with me but she kept saying that I rode like a ***** and I didn't use my bike's power potential. So one day I was at a stop sign waiting to turn left and she started to tease me; "Oh c'mon you could've gone 3 times!!! Stop being a ***** and take off!!!". So I did. I took off in first, opened the throttle, accelerated to approximately 10-11k rpm, geared to 2nd and when I poped the clutch for a fast shift, there it was. MY FIRST WHEELIE Of course it scared the hell out of me but my girlfriend was like "hell yeah woooooooh!!!".

Good memories.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:46 PM

i would have to say the first 15 min. i had the bike. I was still a newbie so i wasnt doing anything crazy but the fact that people were still looking and giving me compliments was above anything else. But those first few miles were kinda scary but fun at the same time. almost like riding a roller coaster for the first time, except for all the flips, spins, and twists.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:36 PM

Probably the test ride when I bought the bike. I had driven three hours just to look at it. I was buying it from a private owner that lived in a super hilly area, and I had about 5 total minutes of street bike time under my belt when I took it out. So what do I do when I take it out for my first spin??? I stall it in the guy's driveway. I was a train wreck waiting to happen, but still ended buying the bike.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ohhh... I like stories!! I think it would have to be a tie between two so far, though that will definitely change come May when I do my massive roadtrip. Anyways, the first was the same brancarts, the first time I rode my bike. Pretty long but hey I like details, LOL. If anybody actually reads all of my babbling, I hope I don't bore you too much!

It was Sunday October 17, 2004. My roomate and best friend Rooz had a black/yellow F4i, and he needed to get something for his bike at the dealership. I wanted to go with him just to look around as I was interested in getting a bike too. He rode his bike, I followed in my car over to Rick Case Honda. He got what he was looking for and I looked around at all the bikes. I already had an F4i as my top choice because it seemed like a great bike and really fit me well from when I had sat on Rooz's, and he was very happy with his as well. I start looking around and then I see it, two black/red 2004 F4i's sitting on the showroom floor next to each other, one was all stock with only a tank protector added, the other was lowered and had a smoked windscreen. I knew it... MUST HAVE IT!!! I looked around a little more just to see what else there was but I was already kinda set on the F4i, so I got Rooz to come over and look and I talked with him for a little bit about it, and he agreed that if that was what I wanted then I should go for it (it was the stock one). Found a sales guy and talked some numbers, and well to make a long story short, about 4 hours later and 2 hours after the dealer was closed, after they wiped all the dust and fingerprints off, filled it up with gas, and put the temp tag on, I rode my shiny new black/red F4i off the showroom floor out into the parking lot I was sooooo excited!!!! Only one problem though, being that the dealer had closed 2 hours prior I was unable to buy my helmet and all that jazz, so I couldn't ride it home We had to lock my Rooz's bike up at the dealer, and he rode my bike home and I followed in my car, then we came back and got his bike then back home again. Once home I grabbed the digicam and started snapping pics of my new toy. After the pics, I prepared the bike for n00b training, hahah. I took both the side fairings off and taped a bunch of rags over the side engine covers to try and help minimize scratches should I drop it. It's now 11:00 pm, and there's no way I'm gonna sleep tonight if I don't ride it at least once. Right down the road from my house is a huge theater type place, with a HUUUUUUUGGGGEEE empty parking lot, so I figured that would be a good place to practice where I could get used to the bike without any distractions. So Rooz rode the bike over there and I drove the car. Once there I used his gear, got on, and fired her up! Rooz was giving me as many helpful hints and tips as he could think of for getting used to the bike and controls. Since he had the same bike it helped greatly that he could tell me just how it behaved and reacted to certain things. He wanted me to practice getting used to the clutch first, so that's what I did, just let it in and out, grab and release, grab and release over and over just getting a feel for it. Then off I went, rode around in first gear for a bit and got used to the throttle, brakes, and steering, and manipulating all simultainously without causing a rukus in my brain. Once I got comfortable with that I tried changing gears, now up to 2nd and just cruising around the parking lot. Stopped and started a few times to get used to shifting, then I was up into 3rd gear. Now I was really starting to get comfortable riding. I rode around the edges of the parking lot doing big circles, a few large u-turns, and all over the rest of the place. I was happy now that I felt comfortable with everything I wasn't so nervous anymore and just enjoying the new ride. I'm on the backside of the parking lot when I look over and see two Crown Vic cop cars pulling in, and

Old 03-21-2006, 12:27 AM

thirdgenlxi/Jared
I just wanted to say that was a great post. I absoutly enjoyed reading your stories. I ride a 03 cbr600RR so I do not venture into the f4i very often, I am glad I did. Your enthusiam shows with your writing. Take care and enjoy your bike.

Steve

Old 03-21-2006, 01:04 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Steeviee

thirdgenlxi/Jared
I just wanted to say that was a great post. I absoutly enjoyed reading your stories. I ride a 03 cbr600RR so I do not venture into the f4i very often, I am glad I did. Your enthusiam shows with your writing. Take care and enjoy your bike.

Steve
Aww thanks bro!! Glad you enjoyed

Old 03-21-2006, 02:55 AM

tear just messin

Old 03-22-2006, 02:58 AM

yeah definately some good stuff.

Old 10-03-2009, 02:46 PM

well my most memorable was when i first got my bike, me and a bunch of guys were hangin out on the main street of our town at a gas station and they told me to take off and get on it so i did and right as i hit the gas the front end comes up and at that point i was feeling good. then not only to look in my mirror to see some nice blue and red flashing lights. first ticket on my bike =)

Quick Reply: Your Favorite Riding Moment???