F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Spy 5000m alarm system help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm and Remote Start

Hey everyone,

So I installed the alarm side of a spy5000m alarm and remote start and am ready to install the remote start side of things.

Here is a video of the spy5000m alarm/remote start that I have.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBZ_hideg3w

After some research and help from NitroNut I have things figured out for the most part. Only thing left to do is to see if the neutral safety idea I have will work. In the mean time here is all the information needed to install one of these alarm/remote start setups.

Here is the supplied wiring diagram you get with the spy5000m alarm/remote start system.

Name:  wirediagram.png
Views: 23701
Size:  125.3 KB

Since that is a confusing diagram that also shows extras that dont come standard with the setup I made a simpler easy to read version.

Name:  AlarmandRemotestartwiringdiagram.png
Views: 12975
Size:  31.6 KB

Here is a chart explaining all the wiring that NitroNut kindly sent me.

Name:  wiringchart.png
Views: 4846
Size:  41.5 KB

This chart can be used to wire in any remote start or alarm system since it shows you all wires required for any system. Just supstitute the spy 5000m wiring for the wiring that your alarm comes with.

The only thing left to do is to determine if the bike will start in gear with that setup. If it will then I am going to run a relay setup from the green neutral switch wire to the constant 12 volt supply so that there is only power to the remote start when in neutral. The alarm would function normally all the time even if I parked it in gear.

Last edited by jondevos; 01-21-2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: updated info
Old 01-16-2010, 12:10 AM

I would NOT install the remote start portion of the alarm system. Theres a reason it says it will work on only AUTO cars, not manuals, not bikes. If the bike is in gear and you accidently press the button, your bike is going to lurch forward by itself suddenly... not good!

Old 01-16-2010, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by redzintimidator
I would NOT install the remote start portion of the alarm system. Theres a reason it says it will work on only AUTO cars, not manuals, not bikes. If the bike is in gear and you accidently press the button, your bike is going to lurch forward by itself suddenly... not good!
That is the reason I did not install the remote start portion yet. Once I have the wiring all figured out Im going to try to find a way to hook it into the neutral light sensor. If this is inpossible then I will just hook up the one positive wire that will keep the alarm disarmed when I start the bike.

My only concern with putting on an alarm was the alarm itself. Remote start is just a fancy bonus.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by redzintimidator
i dont think the bike would lurch forward... i dont think it would do anything if it were in gear. the kickstand sensor would know that the bike was in gear and it would not turn over. the bike wont start if you have it in gear, unless you hold the clutch down.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rennen
i dont think the bike would lurch forward... i dont think it would do anything if it were in gear. the kickstand sensor would know that the bike was in gear and it would not turn over. the bike wont start if you have it in gear, unless you hold the clutch down.
I believe that putting the remote start on actually bypasses these safeties and that is where the concern is. Im going to try to figure out a way to incorporate the neutral safety into the remote start. Wish me luck.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:43 PM

Updated first post with lots of useful info.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:47 PM

Ok, drove the 5 hours to get to my bike where it is stored today to look at finishing the remote start using the information I provided above and have some questions.

I have 4 wires left but believe I only need to use the blue and orange/pinkish one.
Name:  DSCF7023.jpg
Views: 3023
Size:  79.2 KB

Using the above chart according to NitroNut I have to solder the blue wire to a yellow/red wire in a 3 wire harness located on the left hand side of the battery. I have located 3 red/yellow wires around the battery but none of them are in a 3 wire harness. Here are the 3 red/yellow wires I could find. Anyone know which one is the one?
Name:  DSCF7020.jpg
Views: 2833
Size:  85.6 KB
Name:  DSCF7021.jpg
Views: 2828
Size:  117.2 KB
Name:  DSCF7016-1.jpg
Views: 2813
Size:  159.7 KB

Which Black and red wire should the orange wire from the remote start be connected too on the bottom of fuse block. I think its the the 4th one from the right on the top row. That is the one labelled starter.
Name:  DSCF7017.jpg
Views: 4716
Size:  102.6 KB
Name:  DSCF7015.jpg
Views: 2794
Size:  131.3 KB

The grey and brown wire I do not have to connect currect?

Old 01-23-2010, 10:57 AM

Ok well after talking with NitroNut we have determined that the blue wire goes to the yellow/red wire on the left side of the bat that runs to the white fuze on the side of the fuze block. The Orange/pink one should go to the 4th black/red wire from the right on the bottom of the fuze block labelled starter.

Next question is does anyone know what the grey flameout wire would be hooked up to? Then there is just the brown wire to figure out.

Thanks for all the help so far NitroNut.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:35 AM

when installing the start feature you can decide whether or not to bypass the gear and side stand safety locks. I donno why you would want to though. my question is what about the range? We know that the alarm will perform as advertised, except the range. I know you mentioned a couple of blocks, but can you give us a better idea on the range? Like at the mall for example? You should test the alarm in different places and then tell us your findings.

Last edited by alpiniste; 01-23-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by alpiniste
when installing the start feature you can decide whether or not to bypass the gear and side stand safety locks. I donno why you would want to though. my question is what about the range? We know that the alarm will perform as advertised, except the range. Have you tested how far your remote will actually be able to receive a signal from the bike???
I want to install with the safeties but have not figured out how to do so as of yet.

I have not tested the distance yet as I just installed the alarm and its pretty cold out there. When I get a chance to test out the distance I will report back to let everyone know. Furthest I have tried is from basement to garage. Ill try taking it down the street to see just how far it goes. I mounted the atenna right in the end of the tail so I figure that is probably the best location.

Quick Reply: Spy 5000m alarm system help!