Go Back   CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners > Past CBR Models > CBR 600 F4i > F4i - Main Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Kevin48's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Broward County, FL
Posts: 152
Default Riding on a bad CCT

I have found a bunch of posts on the CCT noise and what to replace it with, but I am just wondering how bad it is to ride with the CCT going bad? I have an 01 F4i with 7400 miles, and I just ordered a new CCT from honda and I am waiting for the part to come in. Is it ok to still ride until I get the CCT replaced or are the chances of me destroying the engine high if I do ride it. Someone please give some advice. The last thing I need to do is destroy to engine over this $50 part.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CBRForum!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location:
Posts: 310
Default RE: Riding on a bad CCT

If the CCT grenaded an engine before 8000 miles, Ithink that we all would'nt have the respect for the quality that honda puts out. I bet that many people have many more miles on theirs with no change of the CCT. From what I understand, it is more of an annoyance and not a real issue until it gets severe. I just bought my F4i, I havn't rode it much. From the miles I did ride,I did not think anything was wrong with the CCT. Mine has ~26,000 on it. Just ride it and dont worry about it. If it bothers you just take it easy on the RPM's.
__________________
The only guarantee in life is a life worth dying for.
Cause death dont wait for no one
He's sittin at your front door.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-24-2008, 07:12 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location:
Posts: 86
Default RE: Riding on a bad CCT

Yeah I hear more sides on it being mostly an annoyance and nothing that is going to destroy your bike the next time you ride. I did hear somthing about replacing it at 15k miles though but who knows theres like a bazillion stories on this CCT with the f4i and its just not the f4i that has had this same prob.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East Central Indiana
Posts: 610
G3NESYS
Default RE: Riding on a bad CCT

yea i was kinda wondering this too.
mine isnt severe (i dotn think) it only does it from 4500 rpms - around 4800 rpms and its not very loud.

if it was loud or "severe" could that be dangerous? or damaging anything?
__________________

**2001 CBR F4i**
Powder coated rims, swing arm, frame, triple clamp
CF 2Bros High Mount
"F4i" Heel Guards
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location:
Posts: 445
Send a message via AIM to brveagle
Default RE: Riding on a bad CCT

why push it?

mine caused the my piston to make contact with a valve.

but don't take my word on it. Go read on any other forums about failing cct's
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,917
Default RE: Riding on a bad CCT

didn't you say that it was the CCT that failed? cam chain tensioner is NOT cam chain tensioner lifter!!!!

do a search on the number of failures with the stock cctL (not just CCT...order a CCT and you get a totally different part) and you'll find guys who say their mechanic said this and that...

yes the noise is annoying...but rip off the head and measure cam chain tension...it will be within spec.



__________________
Admit it...you love my siggy...
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...hoeSC_Sig3.jpg
"Let the ignorance die with the ignorant" - Tahoe SC
bye bye F4i!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East Central Indiana
Posts: 610
G3NESYS
Default RE: Riding on a bad CCT

so is it the cct, or the cctL that is going bad whenever you get the "rattle"?
__________________

**2001 CBR F4i**
Powder coated rims, swing arm, frame, triple clamp
CF 2Bros High Mount
"F4i" Heel Guards
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location:
Posts: 445
Send a message via AIM to brveagle
Default RE: Riding on a bad CCT

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

didn't you say that it was the CCT that failed? cam chain tensioner is NOT cam chain tensioner lifter!!!!

do a search on the number of failures with the stock cctL (not just CCT...order a CCT and you get a totally different part) and you'll find guys who say their mechanic said this and that...

yes the noise is annoying...but rip off the head and measure cam chain tension...it will be within spec.



do you just thrive on "proving" everyone wrong with their cct theories?

Go back and read his posts. He asked about the CCT! I responded by saying that that is what happened to me.

What's the problem here?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,917
Default RE: Riding on a bad CCT

Quote:
ORIGINAL: brveagle

do you just thrive on "proving" everyone wrong with their cct theories?

Go back and read his posts. He asked about the CCT! I responded by saying that that is what happened to me.

What's the problem here?
chill out mang...
just trying to get clarification...hence i made the distinction between cct and cctl. didn't you say it was your cct that failed?

my point is the difference between cct and cctl.
based on your post here just now, it was your cct that failed correct?
i know the OP is talking about cctl and not the cct...because it's a common mistake.
__________________
Admit it...you love my siggy...
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...hoeSC_Sig3.jpg
"Let the ignorance die with the ignorant" - Tahoe SC
bye bye F4i!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East Central Indiana
Posts: 610
G3NESYS
Default RE: Riding on a bad CCT

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

Quote:
ORIGINAL: brveagle

do you just thrive on "proving" everyone wrong with their cct theories?

Go back and read his posts. He asked about the CCT! I responded by saying that that is what happened to me.

What's the problem here?
chill out mang...
just trying to get clarification...hence i made the distinction between cct and cctl. didn't you say it was your cct that failed?

my point is the difference between cct and cctl.
based on your post here just now, it was your cct that failed correct?
i know the OP is talking about cctl and not the cct...because it's a common mistake.

ok... so when you get the rattle its the cctL, correct?
and if its the cctL, then its just an annoyance, and not going to mess anything up?

__________________

**2001 CBR F4i**
Powder coated rims, swing arm, frame, triple clamp
CF 2Bros High Mount
"F4i" Heel Guards
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:36 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
600rr, adjust, bad, cam, cbr, cct, cctl, chain, changing, f4i, honda, rattle, rattles, riding, tensioner


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Our Sponsors

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Internet Brands, Inc.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.

Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for CBRforum.com content, comments, or advertising. CBRforum.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse CBRforum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.