F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

01 F4i Bad Wire Connection! Help me find it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 01 F4i Bad Wire Connection! Help me find it!!!

And it goes like this....

Friday night, riding home, bikes running great. Has been for a Month 1/2 after I change the fpr, plugs, and cct.

Saturday mid-day. Take the bike into town and its cutting off and on when I hit a bump. Lights and all stay on, it acts like you hit the kill switch off and then right back on. But then I get to a stop sign/red light and the bike is idling really low. I cycle the ignition and its all better. Then it starts all over again after a bump, and sometimes idles so low it just dies. Cycle ignition and its back to normal.

Its a loose connection some where, I know that. But what could it be to cause it get confussed on afr? I know the low idle could come from the FI light because they make the any bike act weird. But im not running a gauge cluster because its street fighter style for stunting, so I cant see if thats the FI light causing it or not.

It has a street fighter headlight with the wires and tip sensor tucked behind it. Today I started the bike and wiggled every wire in any connector. Including the ecu. I also tapped on the tip sensor, map sensor, and ecu while idling. NO LUCK.

I hope you guys can tell me something because I dont wanna have to pay someone to do something I can do.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Streetfighter with a tip sensor?? lol

I would just check every connector on the thing. Like actually disconnect them, inspect, possibly even spray some electronics cleaner in there, then reconnect them.

Have you checked your idle cable for proper adjustment?, Hows your battery/stator?

Do you have a cluster available to hookup and see if there's an FI light? It might narrow down your problem.

Last edited by Sick97SS; 06-25-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:20 AM

are your battery connections tight?

Old 06-25-2010, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS
Streetfighter with a tip sensor?? lol

I would just check every connector on the thing. Like actually disconnect them, inspect, possibly even spray some electronics cleaner in there, then reconnect them.

Have you checked your idle cable for proper adjustment?, Hows your battery/stator?

Do you have a cluster available to hookup and see if there's an FI light? It might narrow down your problem.
How do you do away with the tip sensor? I dont want it away. But Idle is good. Battery and stators good. But if my FI light comes on, its just telling me something I already know.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by DBEAU
are your battery connections tight?
Yes sir!

Old 06-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tip sensor is in the nose between the headlights. If you have a streetfighter i have no idea where you put it. but its a small black box with 3 wires going into it. Cut all three and jump the 2 outside wires together from the harness and your done. leave the middle one dangling.

Last edited by Sick97SS; 06-25-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:42 PM

The tip sensor is in the nose between the headlights. If you have a streetfighter i have no idea where you put it. but its a small black box with 3 wires going into it. Cut all three and jump the 2 outside wires together from the harness and your done. leave the middle one dangling.
Yeah I know what the tip sensor is, I just needed to know what to do with the wires. Thanks

But anyone have a new idea of what my problem is?

Old 06-25-2010, 06:48 PM

bump

Old 06-26-2010, 01:15 PM

Btw your tip sensor mod doesnt work. I tried every combo and no luck.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:01 PM

The red and green wire, which are the two outside wires are together. And the middle wire, the white mf'er is dangling like a pair of *****............... WTF.

This bike is getting on my nurves, I miss my suzuki.

Quick Reply: 01 F4i Bad Wire Connection! Help me find it!!!