F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

foot position

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default foot position

Dumb question: any thoughts on how flexed one's ankles ought to be when feet are on the pegs? For me on my bike, my ankles are maximally flexed pretty much all the time given the position of the pegs and my anatomy. Seems like that creates more strain than need be, but I don't know enough to know if that's unusual. I do know that after about 1hr in that position, my feed start to get a bit numb, which isn't great. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Old 09-18-2014, 08:10 PM
Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts

A lot will depend on your height and if the pegs are in the original position or have been raised/moved back. These things will make the angle of your feet to leg tighter than may be comfortable.

Old 09-19-2014, 04:44 AM
"A"
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

As you ride more, you learn to relax on the bike, ride without "death grip" or "tense legs". After you get to relax during your longer rides, you will need to stretch or flex your arms/elbows/knees/legs once in while, how often may vary from rider to rider, bike to bike.
Personally, I can ride my F4i about 45 min. before I start to feel the need to stretch out and shake some body parts.
My foot position is mostly heel on pegs, less bend at the knees.. the more aggressive/spirited pace I ride, the more I feel the need to stay relaxed and focused.. you body gets tired before you notice it is too late.. intentionally staying relax can extend the time/distance that you are able to stay focused... ultimately, stay alive.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by "A"
As you ride more, you learn to relax on the bike, ride without "death grip" or "tense legs". After you get to relax during your longer rides, you will need to stretch or flex your arms/elbows/knees/legs once in while, how often may vary from rider to rider, bike to bike.
Personally, I can ride my F4i about 45 min. before I start to feel the need to stretch out and shake some body parts.
My foot position is mostly heel on pegs, less bend at the knees.. the more aggressive/spirited pace I ride, the more I feel the need to stay relaxed and focused.. you body gets tired before you notice it is too late.. intentionally staying relax can extend the time/distance that you are able to stay focused... ultimately, stay alive.
Thanks for thoughts! My pegs appear to be in the most rearward setting, I think set up for as tall as one can be with them. I'm now wondering if a taller boot might help. Current boots are short, allowing for foot to flex maximally. If I had a taller boot that didn't as easily allow for maximum ankle forward flex, that might make things a little more comfortable.