F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

FI light blinks 2 times

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FI light blinks 2 times

Hello everybody!
It is my first post on this forum. I'm glad i can find so many CBR enthusiasts in one place.
I'm sorry that my first post is about an problem i have encountered and not about something more pleasant.
Yesterday i have changed the spark plugs and the air filter on my CBR 600 F4i (2001). I have put an NGK IMR9C-9H spark plugs and an K&N HA-6001 air filter.
The problem is that after this changes the FI light flashes 2 times when the bike is started and is in idle. When i rev up the engine the FI led remain on.
The mechanic that changhed the air filter told me that he thinks the FI flashes because i have put an sport air filter and i have an stock exaust.
I'm not so sure that his could be the problem. I have read the service manual and i have found that 2 blinks of the FI led signifies :
"Loose or poor connection of the MAP sensor vacuum hose" or "Faulty MAP sensor"
Togheter with him we had verified the conection of the MAP sensor and it seems ok.
I wanted to ask you if endeed the air filter can be the problem in this case ?

Thank you very much !

Old 06-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I don't know about the loose MAP sensor, but saying that you put in a different air filter causing the Fuel Injector light to come on sounds like you need a new mechanic to me.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:05 PM

Simple test, put the old filter back on, if the problem does not go away, get rid of your mechanic

Old 06-23-2009, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by orags
Simple test, put the old filter back on, if the problem does not go away, get rid of your mechanic
That is exactly what i have in mind. At the end of this week when i will have the time i will go to the service and put back on the old filter to see if the FI led still blinks.

Thank's for the ideea !

Old 06-23-2009, 01:46 PM

i had this problem after i installed a manual ape cct on my f4i. i had taken the air filter box and throttle bodies off to get to it better. and what i did to fix everything was just made sure all the hoses where in the right place and not crossed, and make sure you connection to your map sensor is good. and after that my light went away, turns out i forgot to connect one little hose to my air box.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Luci
"Loose or poor connection of the MAP sensor vacuum hose" or "Faulty MAP sensor"
Suggest you check your vacuum hoses like ars1986 suggested. You might have crossed them over or missed connecting something

Old 06-23-2009, 02:05 PM

I second that, you probably have a bad connection somewhere in the vacuum line(s) between your MAP and the throttle bodies. It might be a good idea to replace the vacuum hoses...

If you find that you need a MAP sensor I have an extra, send me a PM if you want it.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:23 PM

Thanks everybody for your answers. I will try as soon as possible to do everything you have told me. Hope it works !

Old 06-23-2009, 06:50 PM

i did this once and the hose came off the bottom of the map sensor, the black part by the connector
there is a plastic surround built into the sensor, the hose would go in the middle of the surround

Old 06-23-2009, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
I don't know about the loose MAP sensor, but saying that you put in a different air filter causing the Fuel Injector light to come on sounds like you need a new mechanic to me.
lol i was thinking the exact same thing...

Name:  100_1865.jpg
Views: 4993
Size:  64.4 KB

ps: not your air filter lol...

Quick Reply: FI light blinks 2 times