Go Back   CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners > Past CBR Models > CBR 600 F4i > F4i - Main Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2005, 02:30 AM

Default f4i vs vtr1000 "superhawk"

I may get a very biased opinion here but how does the f4i compare to the vtr1000 performance wise?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CBRForum!
Old 11-24-2005, 02:43 AM
Retired Mod

Send a message via AIM to NINE2NINE Send a message via Yahoo to NINE2NINE
Default RE: f4i vs vtr1000 "superhawk"

first off, ive never owned either one so my opinion could be WAY off. i would think that the superhawk would be quite abit faster accelerating than the f4i. the v-twin would have more torque and a flat power delivery from low rpm's. the inline would be more of a top end screamer. carberated 1000 v-twin verses fuel injected inline 4. they would be 2 completely different animals. my advise is to ride each and see which one you like best.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:05 PM

they are pretty diff bikes considering the cc diff as well. anyone? im out.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:31 AM

g'day mate, have owned both, the vtr will eat the F4i off the lights, and pretty well up to about 180km/h, then the top end of the 600 kicks in.... i found the vtr easier in the hills to ride, click into 3rd, and roll on and off, and use the engine braking... the F4i is a bit of a gear box tap dance.... the VTR sounds ausome with a seet of good pipes, and i reckon has more cred sound wise on the street, the F4i is a heaps better bike on the track and the road.... but really, to be honest pick the one that you like... they are pretty close on the street... peace
Old 12-01-2005, 03:55 PM

So is the superhawk a better street bike then for light to light racing (not that I would Ever spped though)? I really doubt I will ever take it to the track.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:36 PM

well put it this way.. if you like clutchless wjheelies, and the sound of a twin ... and the vibration.. get the VTR... if you like things to stop , and go round corners, and be smooth as silk buy the F4i... also the f4i wont eat tires like the twin... something about the power pilses of the twin i find kills tires if you are on a long trip.... peace
Old 12-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Retired Mod

Send a message via AIM to NINE2NINE Send a message via Yahoo to NINE2NINE

im assuming that you're considering these two bikes because of the similar price. although im a sucker for the sound of a sporty twin, the carborators and vibration are two things that i would not want to deal with. fuel injection is the greatest invention since the internal combustion engine. and the f4i would be much smoother and comfortable. insurance costs would be less for the f4i as well because it is in a lower insurance class. my choice would be the f4i.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:45 PM

Tags
1000, 2000, 600, 929, f4i, forum, gear, gearing, group, honda, internal, kill, owners, put, superhawk, vtr, vtr1000