Go Back   CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners > Past CBR Models > CBR 600 F4i > F4i - Main Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2008, 07:28 PM

Default Adjusting Clutch Cable

Ok I'm looking through the manual and i'm doing everything it says and i'm completely stumped. I think where I went wrong is where the cable goes through from the clutch cover to the lever. When I steer left the clutch cable will get really tight, if i steer right it will get really loose. What am I doing wrong here?

Click the image to open in full size.

This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CBRForum!
Old 10-18-2008, 08:42 PM

Default RE: Adjusting Clutch Cable

Ok i've pretty much tried everything, moving the cable in every possible place and adjusting the two bolts by the clutch cover and i just can't get anything going my way. I think i need step by step instructions and pictures sadly because i don't know what it's supposed to look like anymore. if someone has a picture of their right fairing off exposing the configuration of the clutch cable that would be really helpful. thanks.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:11 PM

I think i have it now but the 12mm nut is hanging by it's last thread, literally. Does that mean I did it wrong? The clutch lever feels right (about 20mm freeplay), but i'm not sure. Helppp meee
Old 10-19-2008, 08:17 PM

bumpp
Old 10-20-2008, 09:22 PM

It looks like the cable is not routed correctly. Are you replacing the cable or just adjusting it? My cable loops up in front of the gauges a little and the silver compression part of the cable shield should be sticking into the end of the adjusting bolt.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:53 PM

I can't figure out any other way to route it? Pictures of one that is properly routed would definitely help. This is a new cable i'm replacing because my old one snapped in half. I got the silver compression part to go in a little better but still not completely in. I rode it the way it is and i'm getting way too much free play, probably like 30-35mm.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:22 PM

Anyone?
Old 10-22-2008, 12:43 PM

You need to adjust your clutch cable at the crankcase, turn the adjustment outward from the casing so that you take up all that slack in the cable. If you have the crank case side adjuster all the way out (except for at least 3 complete threads engaged) and you have your clutch perch adjuster all the way out (again, sparing 3 fully engaged threads), and there's still slack? Then you need to investigate your clutch plate thicknesses and your clutch spring lengths to see if they're beyond critical limits.

Do you have the factory manual in PDF form? It's a godsend.

the blonde weasel
Old 03-08-2009, 12:00 AM

manualz.info

free service manuals in pdf for thousands of bikes, enjoy.

Adrenalin Motorcycle Co-op
6-721 Pembroke St.
Victoria, BC
250-480-7874
www.adrenalinmotorcycle.com
Old 03-08-2009, 01:36 AM

That cable is either routed wrong, or it's the wrong cable (too short).
Old 03-08-2009, 01:36 AM

Tags
07, 125, 250, 600, 900rr, adjusdt, adjust, adjusting, cable, cbr, clutch, f4i, honda, loose, replace, tighten