F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

F3 Fork internals - the final answer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by squale147
anyone with 91/93 F2 that wants to update there forks and keep it all plug and play eather get race tech emulators for your 91/93 front end...or get a 94 F2 font end..also if you want your 94 front end to be just as good as the F3 front end get the race tech Gold Valve Cartridge witch will make your 94 front end just as good as the f3 or better...for my 92 F2 thats what i did because i wanted to keep it all F2 and could not be happier with the results...

Except that if you want to make adjustments you have to disassemble your forks to make them right?

Old 04-21-2014, 09:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok- question for the fork gurus out there. It's been a couple years since I did 94 forks on my bike, with Race Tech springs. The forks have never felt supple.

I rebuild mountainbike forks, and I've had my suspension systems professionally tuned on bikes too. It seems a lot easier for me to tune those setups.

I've backed a lot of preload out of my F2's front end trying to get it to feel a little more like the forks are working - especially on smaller hits. I'm wondering if I'm dealing with stiction due to bushing wear or other issues. One of the reasons I think thatis I will feel a slight amount of play or popping when rolling up to a stop. almost more like a slight rattle you feel in the grips. It's the kind of thing that is normally a loose headset (head bearings) on any of my bicycles - but in this case there's no play in there when I check.

Anyone got suggestions about somewhere I might be able to send these for a complete rebuild, that can turn them around quick without a ton of cost?

Old 05-15-2018, 10:18 AM
July 2013 ROTM

Originally Posted by Wranghondo
Except that if you want to make adjustments you have to disassemble your forks to make them right?
The 94F2 forks have rebound dampening adjustability and your Spring pre load if you do the race Tech set up like I did and set your compression stacks to your weight and riding preference any adjustments can be achieved with only the rebound clickers

Old 05-15-2018, 10:21 AM
July 2013 ROTM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
Ok- question for the fork gurus out there. It's been a couple years since I did 94 forks on my bike, with Race Tech springs. The forks have never felt supple.

I rebuild mountainbike forks, and I've had my suspension systems professionally tuned on bikes too. It seems a lot easier for me to tune those setups.

I've backed a lot of preload out of my F2's front end trying to get it to feel a little more like the forks are working - especially on smaller hits. I'm wondering if I'm dealing with stiction due to bushing wear or other issues. One of the reasons I think thatis I will feel a slight amount of play or popping when rolling up to a stop. almost more like a slight rattle you feel in the grips. It's the kind of thing that is normally a loose headset (head bearings) on any of my bicycles - but in this case there's no play in there when I check.

Anyone got suggestions about somewhere I might be able to send these for a complete rebuild, that can turn them around quick without a ton of cost?
I would definitely think your bushings are probably badd from what you are describing..