F2 For Sale / Trade / Wanted F2 specific classifieds section. Forum rules for selling items apply -- senior member, price, pic and location in ad.

WTB: CBR F2 race exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: CBR F2 race exhaust

I'm in need of a full exhaust for my bike. I don't want D&D. Preferably Yoshimura or else Two Brothers. Let me know what's available... i'd like titanium or stainless steel. I'd hope for a considerable upgrade. Pm me or comment on here, or else text or call me 920-860-2939.

Thanks,
Josh

Old 12-09-2015, 02:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're gonna have a tough time finding one of those. There's a couple D&D's and Vance & Hines on ebay. Some of them are ok shape some not. What wrong with D&D? Lots of people used them back in the day. Did you ever get that steering damper you needed?

Old 12-09-2015, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by coalminer frank
You're gonna have a tough time finding one of those. There's a couple D&D's and Vance & Hines on ebay. Some of them are ok shape some not. What wrong with D&D? Lots of people used them back in the day. Did you ever get that steering damper you needed?
From what i've heard about d&d on f2's, they are loud as ****, most likely won't pass the track dB level, and they aren't that great on performance. I passed up a two bros a few weeks back unfortunately I didn't buy it

How did you know i've been looking for a steering damper? I actually haven't found one yet, besides the on on ebay that's over $250.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:35 PM

I didnt think my D&D was too loud, but I never heard it on a "fly by". No one has ever ridden my bike since I've owned it. I read D&D's were not that great on performance, that why I switched to a so called "better pipe". But I actually dynoed both, of course on different days but the same dyno. Guess what? 1/2 hp difference. WTF! There is a Two Brothers F3 pipe on ebay right now. I think they'll work on F2 but I'm not sure. I knew you were looking for a steering damper because I'm a senior member, maybe.HAHA. I might have one for sale. Let me check.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:00 AM

I didnt think my D&D was too loud, but I never heard it on a "fly by". No one has ever ridden my bike since I've owned it. I read D&D's were not that great on performance, that why I switched to a so called "better pipe". But I actually dynoed both, of course on different days but the same dyno. Guess what? 1/2 hp difference. WTF! There is a Two Brothers F3 pipe on ebay right now. I think they'll work on F2 but I'm not sure. I knew you were looking for a steering damper because I'm a senior member, maybe.HAHA. I might have one for sale. Let me check.
Awesome, thanks man! I'm really hoping I can find a full exhaust headers and all (preferabley matching header w slipon & midpipe.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:21 AM

The Two Bros F3 pipe on ebay is complete, the muffler is a little rough and the header is a little rusty but some elbow grease and some high temp paint would fix it up. It appears to have 6 mounting hole just like F2 pipe. So I dont see why it wont work.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:00 AM

The Two Bros F3 pipe on ebay is complete, the muffler is a little rough and the header is a little rusty but some elbow grease and some high temp paint would fix it up. It appears to have 6 mounting hole just like F2 pipe. So I dont see why it wont work.
Could you link me to it please?

Old 12-14-2015, 11:01 AM

I dont know how to link. I'm a facking dumb **** when it comes to that shat! Just go to "ebay motors" then "cbr f3 exhaust" or "cbr f3 header" or "cbr f3 two brothers". If nothing comes up change the "f3" to "f2". I saw it was still listed last night. What type of steering damper are you wanting, one that mounts to the fairing stay mount or one that mount to the fairing mount beside your left knee. I'll do $100 plus shipping.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:54 PM

I dont know how to link. I'm a facking dumb **** when it comes to that shat! Just go to "ebay motors" then "cbr f3 exhaust" or "cbr f3 header" or "cbr f3 two brothers". If nothing comes up change the "f3" to "f2". I saw it was still listed last night. What type of steering damper are you wanting, one that mounts to the fairing stay mount or one that mount to the fairing mount beside your left knee. I'll do $100 plus shipping.
I see them now. F2 and F3 exhaust are the same? And I think i'm still gonna hold off until I can find a stainless or titanium. I know those are the best...

What type of damper is the best? I really don't know much about steering dampers at all.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:03 PM

As far as I can tell the exhausts are the same. 6 holes to mount to engine. Compare them yourself with whats on ebay or the F3 section where you can see the exhaust in some threads. Dampers, all you see thats quality new is Shidy and Toby. To be honest I have no idea what kind thats on my track bike but it works and I never had no problem with it. I even rebuilt it when I got it back in 95 with parts from Street and Competition. Some people have installed factory GSXR steering dampers to other bikes, I have one of those also from a 91 or 92 GSXR 1100. But with those you have to buy a fork clamp and fabricate the other mount. Are you going to track your bike, if not you probably dont need a damper. Like I said before you'll probably never find a titanium exhaust. And when you do find any exhaust in amazing condition you'll pay through the nose for it. Keep in touch.

Quick Reply: WTB: CBR F2 race exhaust