F2 For Sale / Trade / Wanted F2 specific classifieds section. Forum rules for selling items apply -- senior member, price, pic and location in ad.

'93 F2 Race Bike for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default '93 F2 Race Bike for Sale - SOLD!!!

**** SOLD!!! ****

As I've mentioned elsewhere, it's time to move forward, and sell my trusty old F2. It's a '93, with 27,500 total miles. It does have a clean, non-salvage Kansas title, though putting it back to street duty would require more work than it's worth.
This bike is ready to race, and would be a great first race bike, or WERA V7/CCS or CMRA "Classic" machine.
Just over 390 lb., with a full tank, ready to race.

• Cheetah race bodywork (lightened OEM seat w/supersport tail)
  • Zero Gravity double-bubble
  • Entire bike safety wired with spring clips for quick work
  • Frame sliders/swingarm lift spools
  • Fox Twin-Clicker shock with about 700 miles since service
  • F3 fork internals w/Race Tech springs - less than 600 miles since new fluid, wipers, & seals.
  • Airtech F3 front fender
  • F3 rear wheel
  • Bridgeport right-angle valve stems
  • EBC 310mm floating rotors w/caliper relocation bracket
  • EBC petal rear rotor
  • Russell braided lines up front/Galfer braided line in rear
  • Russell speed bleeders on front calipers
  • Carbone Lorraine race pads with lots of life left
  • 900RR front M/C with LP billet cap
  • Rear M/C reservoir delete/Tygon tube replacement
  • CRG adjustable billet race levers
  • Vortex Clip-ons with Rental Kevlar Superbike grips
  • Pro-Tek billet rearsets
  • Lefthand switchgear delete/Motion Pro standalone choke cable
  • Vortex Keyless gas cap
  • Two Brothers race header with shortened Yoshimura CF RS-3 can
  • Handmade/polished aluminum exhaust hanger
  • K&N filter - carbs jetted for filter and exhaust system
  • NRC stator and pulse generator covers
  • Factory Pro shift kit
  • EBC Kevlar race clutches with less than 500 miles
  • Recent oil change w/
  • Total-loss charging system w/Alien Motion 8-cell LiPo race battery
  • Race only wiring harness
  • Race ignition
  • Graves fairing stay
  • Koso RX-2 digital gauge set
  • D.I.D. 520 ERV3 race chain w/about 600 miles
  • AFAM 14tooth front/41 & 43 rear sprockets w/about 600 miles
  • Swingarm trimmed and powder-coated/new black anodized aluminum chain guard
  • Brand new NGK plugs
  • Recently replaced CDI
  • AllBalls bearings/seals in all four wheels, with the exception of 1 sprocket carrier
Will come with Dunlop slicks mounted (worn), as well as Dunlop GP209/GP211A DOT race tires (med compound/1 race & two practice sessions on them).
Extra rim set for wet races with new Dunlop rains, front and rear OEM rotors, bridgeport right-angle valve stems, and sprocket carrier/cush drive.

$2000 - bike is in Kansas

Last edited by JNSRacing; 09-26-2014 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Bike is sold!
Old 09-15-2014, 04:14 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Sweet set up for anyone wanting to explore track riding!

How much?

Old 09-15-2014, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon
Sweet set up for anyone wanting to explore track riding!

How much?
Yeah, about that!
I wasn't ready to submit the thread yet, but it disappeared on me!! I was just waitin' for a mod to act on it, so I could add the price!

Old 09-15-2014, 05:01 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

That's all you want for it? You're giving it away!

Old 09-15-2014, 07:27 PM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, been watching your thread since I came here. But that bike is a damn steal. Honestly the fact that you basically have it all documented as well speakes huge volumes, its basically like getting a full service history with a car. Worth dough in itself. I honesty wish I was in the position to pick up a track bike because with what I feel like I know already about this bike, would make it a no brainer if I was there. Dont think you will have any problem getting that price. Good lluck.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, deal of the century right there considering rashes F2s are on CL for $2500. JNS, why are you selling it-what do you mean by "move forward"? I'm sure you mentioned it in your thread for this bike, but how much an effect does the total-loss have on the acceleration/engine revving? Is it that much quicker? EDIT: And, how long can you run on a battery charge? And how does that work with charging the lithium batteries (I alway see that those batteries say "not meant to be regularly charged" )?

Good luck with the sale. I wish I lived closer.

Last edited by Conrice; 09-15-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
JNS, why are you selling it-what do you mean by "move forward"?
Oh, it's just time for me to move forward with regards to modernity - I have to advance to a new class next year, and no matter how fast I can get to be on this bike, as I learn the tracks more and more, I will never be able to compete against the very new, very light, and very fast machines that are running in that class ; it's just the truth... not to mention against riders that have LOADS of track time on all the circuits we run.

I'm sure you mentioned it in your thread for this bike, but how much an effect does the total-loss have on the acceleration/engine revving? Is it that much quicker? EDIT: And, how long can you run on a battery charge? And how does that work with charging the lithium batteries (I alway see that those batteries say "not meant to be regularly charged" )?
You can tell the difference in how much quicker it revs, just a little bit, and of course, the change dropped another 5 or 6 pounds (can't remember how much, exactly.)
As far as how long you can run, I was impressed... after one full 20 minute session, and most of a second one, the battery still had over 13 volts.
The LiPo battery I have is made for this system, and there's no issues with regularly charging them, I mean, that's what you're doing with a stator & R/R anyway!

Good luck with the sale. I wish I lived closer.
Thanks, and what part of the world do you live in, anyway?

Old 09-16-2014, 06:31 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Oh okay, I didn't know if you meant move forward as in new bike or no more riding! I'm sure there are a lot of benefits to using new bikes. It's also pretty impressive that you can do 2 sessions on one battery, and with a lithium, it's still so light.

I live in SW Florida presently, so it's a bit of a ways from Kansas. Good luck with the sale, someone would be crazy to not pick that up from you.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:28 AM

Oh okay, I didn't know if you meant move forward as in new bike or no more riding!
Oh man, I could never quit riding! I'll be one of those guys who is racing well into his 50's!!

I'm sure there are a lot of benefits to using new bikes.
No doubt... the list is pretty big! There's the obvious, which is more stock horsepower, and lighter stock weight, but then there's things like simplicity and tractability, due to having fuel injection, convenience, due to the aftermarket not drying up for newer bikes, and the advantage of being able to use some items that aid you in riding the bike, making it easier to just focus on going faster, like a quickshifter, auto-blipper, slipper clutch, etc.

It's also pretty impressive that you can do 2 sessions on one battery, and with a lithium, it's still so light.
Yeah, I was quite impressed, and the truth is, I misspoke - I didn't put a charger on between my second and third session either, which was shortened, so when you consider also the time running the bike to warm it up, and go from the paddock to the track and vice versa, it's about an hour that I ran it, with 3 or 4 uses of the starter... after all this I had 13.02 volts still!
I'd been planning the total-loss system for quite some time, and did some calculation based on the draw of my dash and ignition system, concluding that there shouldn't be any issue running an hour, or just over an hour. Having carbs rather than fuel injection, and having no fuel pump, really makes this easy!

I live in SW Florida presently, so it's a bit of a ways from Kansas.
Yeah, that's more than a quick little jaunt, for sure! Lucky devil you, though, with all that sunshine!

Good luck with the sale, someone would be crazy to not pick that up from you.
Thanks, and yeah, it's a decent deal I guess, just start it and go - no prep necessary, just race it.
I'll be REALLY sad to see it go, that's for sure, and if I didn't need to sell it in order to procure the new bike, I most definitely would NOT!!

Old 09-20-2014, 08:40 AM
July 2013 ROTM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im must say i almost fell of my chair when i saw you posted your F2 for sale..lol.. but i understand your point... as great as the F2 is the reality is she will not be able to hang with the late model but you took her as far as she would take you... best of luck with the sale and with the new bike jns..

Quick Reply: '93 F2 Race Bike for Sale