F2 Media You got pics or vids of your classic CBR ... post 'em here

My CBR600F2 and his evolution

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 08:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have those measurement printed off in my garage somewhere. It'll take a while to find them but when I do I'll let you know.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:00 PM

The pdf thingys work, it take you somewhere with a foreign language, Bulgarian I presume but if you keep clicking the little red square that says pdf, the drawings come up, all except for the right side spacer.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by coalminer frank
The pdf thingys work, it take you somewhere with a foreign language, Bulgarian I presume but if you keep clicking the little red square that says pdf, the drawings come up, all except for the right side spacer.

Well done CF! Champion sleuthing

Cheers, SB

Old 01-16-2017, 10:33 PM

Why are you wanting to do this? If you're doing it just for looks just get a F3 wheel and squeeze a 180 series tire on it. If you doing it for performance stick with the F2 or F3 wheel and use the stock size 160, or do the mod and go 180. But if you're not dragging a knee at the track theres no performance advantage.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:47 AM

An easier method would be to have your wheel widened, although more expensive........maybe. When you factor in the cost of the 900 wheel, the custom machining of parts, fabrication of parts etc. the cost might be about the same. And if you ever wanted to go back to the original wheel after the 900 modifications you would need to buy more parts because you already modified to originals for the 900 wheel.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks or all the replies!
This is for a race bike and I'm just looking for more tire options the 5.5 will allow.
CF if you happen to have the info for the right side spacer you mentioned that would be a great help!
Thanks everyone!
Kyle

Old 01-17-2017, 09:01 PM

Just for the hell of it I thought I'd mention that there was a sportbike that actually came with a 5 inch wide rear wheel and a 180 tire. AND Honda actually said that they put a 5 inch wide rear wheel on the F3 so racers could use a 180 tire. So, with that being said all your hear on forums is "DONT PUT A 180 ON A WHEEL SMALLER THAN 5.5 INCHES". I could see not using a F2 rim (4.5") with the 180 but I think it couldnt hurt to at least try the 180 on the 5" F3 wheel. One person on this forum mentioned using a 180 on the 5" F3 wheel for racing and had no adverse affects. They didnt say how fast they were compared to everyone else or how well they finished in the races though.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:48 PM

Also, you didnt mention what kind of racing, roadracing? drag racing? Which is it?

Old 01-19-2017, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Road racing.
I did mount up a 180 on the 5 inch rear and it seemed more pinched than I'd like it..., I already have a 900rr wheel, carrier and axle so kinda liking the idea of fitting it up vs having the wheel widened.
I have someone that is a very good machinist / fabricator local to me so hoping to have everything to him soon.
I had a couple of wheels widened by Kosman (for a different bike) but seems they are out of business, not sure who else does widening.
Do you have anyone you'd recommend for widening?
BTW I did get all the links to work..., the other day it kept redirecting me to some shipping / tracking page?

Old 01-19-2017, 05:47 PM

I always wondered if it would be easier to try to modify a newer cbr 600 rear wheel on the old F2 or F3, for example F4 or 600rr. The thing about the old 900 wheel is that it matches the front wheel. And the good thing about KoKo or PMB5 is they already figured out the measurements needed so the rear wheel is in perfect alignment with the front and the rear sprocket lined up the the front sprocket. If I remember right KoKo shimmed his rear sprocket out a little, I guess because he machined off a little to much. And I believe be flipping your front sprocket over allows less to be machine off the rear carrier. With enough time, you could figure this out on your own and not need other peoples measurements. The thing that always confused me was what was needed to use the factory rear brake caliper bracket.

Quick Reply: My CBR600F2 and his evolution