Europe, Asia, South America, Africa, Austrailia, Antarctica Everywhere that isnt in North America

Hello any in the midlands

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello any in the midlands

hello all ime in the west midlands anybody close????

Old 08-28-2011, 01:02 PM

ooooooooooooh just me then

Old 09-13-2011, 08:13 AM

howdee

no not just you, but not many of us.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:12 AM

+1 here!

Old 09-02-2012, 04:25 PM
July 2014 ROTM
Default close

Hi, temporarily in Northants so not far away

Rick

Old 09-11-2012, 02:10 PM

I'm Burford in the Cotswolds.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by RedRocketuk
I'm Burford in the Cotswolds.
I used to go down to Chipping Norton on the back of my ex's bike loads over the past year, for tea and cake at that little bookshop/cafe in the town square. Via the A423, Banbury & A361.

I haven't been since I started riding my own bike though; lack of time mostly! I did nip down the Fosse way to climb Ilmington hill on my jack jones recently.

I bet there are much better routes down there in the cotswolds, some really interesting twisties that come with local knowledge!

Old 10-10-2012, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by butcherspencil
I used to go down to Chipping Norton on the back of my ex's bike loads over the past year, for tea and cake at that little bookshop/cafe in the town square. Via the A423, Banbury & A361.

I haven't been since I started riding my own bike though; lack of time mostly! I did nip down the Fosse way to climb Ilmington hill on my jack jones recently.

I bet there are much better routes down there in the cotswolds, some really interesting twisties that come with local knowledge!
Tea and cake eh. I'm chips and a coke. Take any turn and you'll find some stunning places to ride through. Get lost is the fun of it. A local will always point you in the right direction home. I still lost outside my town so is all fun. I'm off to Brands hatch Sunday to watch bsb. That is a well boring ride there but so much quicker home than sitting in traffic in the car.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:46 PM

Chips and coke are also good; the little bookshop cafe trips started off when my ex and his uncle stopped there and started competing on who could pull the poor little waitress! I liked the chocolate cake, so there was something for everyone

I'll be going down to the cotswolds for rides next summer; I'm just a newbie on a 125 at the moment. Keep an eye out for a bright pink helmet with grey bugs/leaves/flowers/nature stuff on it. That'll be me!

Old 10-11-2012, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by butcherspencil
Chips and coke are also good; the little bookshop cafe trips started off when my ex and his uncle stopped there and started competing on who could pull the poor little waitress! I liked the chocolate cake, so there was something for everyone

I'll be going down to the cotswolds for rides next summer; I'm just a newbie on a 125 at the moment. Keep an eye out for a bright pink helmet with grey bugs/leaves/flowers/nature stuff on it. That'll be me!
A chocolate cake recommendation, must be worth a look. Don't worry about the wet weather. Still get out there and practise. Your confidence will grow. Just relax. Get as much professional training as you can. I've been riding 4 years since 35 and wished I'd started earlier. I've done novice track days which help you sooo much with you're confidence in your bike. A Bike safe day with the Police. That was great training. Changed my riding technic forever. Done the Chris Walker track day at Mallory. Intense.
Bought my cbr900rr as a mid life crisis track day machine for next year. Can't wait to explore the tracks.
Best advice I've ever been given since riding is to ride as everyone is going to kill you. Think for them and you and you'll to fine. Distance and time is the key.
Send a message when your riding this way and I'll keep an eye out. Usually on a Sunday morning for me.
Enjoy yourself.

Quick Reply: Hello any in the midlands