Europe, Asia, South America, Africa, Austrailia, Antarctica Everywhere that isnt in North America

Australian Riders?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Australian Riders?

Are there any Aussies on the forum and where are you from. I am moving to Austalia this Spring time From Sweden lived down in Melbourne last time I was there for 18mths but I am thinking about the Brisbane area this time. Can anyone tell me what the roads are like up there, anything like the Great ocean road?? Are there any tracks for motorbike riding up there?? If you US guys have any Info please reply!
Regards the Swede!

Old 08-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Australian Riders?

Queensland roads range from excellent, to total crap. But that's fairly consistant with the rest of Australia.
The main roads, especially on the coast are good, but like all Main roads, there can be a of lot of traffic. But ok if you pick your times, there are some good runs from Brisbane, either up the coast, south & across the boarder into NSW (Byron Bay, Murwillumbah), but some of the best are South West, And if your keen out to Lamington National Park.
I like both places for different reasons, Brisbane (Queensland) is different from Melbourne, It's more outdoorsy, where Melbourne is fairly sophisticated, and cold in winter, Brisbane is warm and bloody humid in summer, but its getting there as far as a city goes, (they both have their good and bad points). It's close to the Gold Coast, and major tourist mecca with lots of tanned bods, and then theres the Sunshine Coast (More tanned bods).
Not a bad thing really, and these places are leisurely cruise away. People are friendly, and their beer isn't that bad either, but I think they train their police by making them watch movies like "Cool Hand Luke" & "The Dukes of Hazzard" So be warned.
But there could be worse places to live.

Look up the Queensland/Brisbane tourist info, and you may get a better idea of wots around as far as things to do.
Oh and I'm from Newcastle, a couple of hours North of Sydney

Old 08-28-2006, 04:08 PM

Thank¨s for your reply! I stayed in Newcastle for one night passing through to the barreier reaf. sitting behind the wheel in a Ford falcon that time. So I dont know much about the Motorcycling up there. Are there any racetracks that you can get to ride??

Old 08-29-2006, 09:58 PM

Nearest one to here is in Eastern Creek, west of Sydney, that have a big selection for ride days, not sure about Brissie, but their bound to have something up there.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:57 AM

Read something about queensland raceway, is that further north? Will serch for info! Thanks for replys do you have nice roads down in Newcastle?

Old 09-03-2006, 08:54 AM

Yes & No, there are some very good scratcher roads once you get out of Newcastle itself, there is a great road that runs from Singleton (about an hours ride West) and then you head South West, about 100 klms of road ranging from tight twisties to great banked curves, this also includes logging & other trucks, sheer sandstone rock walls, rock falls, gravel, and other speed maniacs in cars & other bikes, but a very satisfying ride. especially when you turn around and head back home. It has only one place to stop, sort of half way, petrol coffee, food and thankfully a toilet. bike riders are tough, but not that tough.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:48 AM

another aussie here, but not from Q'land though, i thought only retired people moved there, lol. been there a few times a bit further north of Port Douglas, beautiful part of the country. i'm from the Blue Mountains abt 1 hr west of Sydney, enjoy your stay...

Old 09-06-2006, 06:18 PM

G'day mate!! Will have to put in a few more working years before I get the plesure of retirement! Woud not mind though, would be nice to just ride!!

Old 09-07-2006, 10:22 AM

yes, i'll second that, i'm running 4 casual jobs at the moment, still manage to squeeze the rides in...

Old 09-09-2006, 04:02 AM

hi, im from mogo on the south coast of new south wales.

Quick Reply: Australian Riders?