Drag Racing Raced a guy from a light? Been to a night at the track?? Tell your story here.

went riding...wth?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went riding...wth?!?!

So the other day, me and my buddy takes off from my crib to meet up with our other friends that are already at Shell gas station waiting for us…we’re cruising on the freeway and another merging lane comes into the highway, well, a Porsche 911 or something double clutch or something and pulls hella fast up right next to us. We were rolling about 70 mph, he gives us this look and chuckles and throttles it past us, we decided to give him a little taste so we down shift to 4th, that’s right, 4th gear and catches up to him..he’s still on it but we’ve reach our power band and past him up as if it was nothing… We exit out the off ramp and he’s 8-10 car lengths behind us..we slow down and he does a fly by….okay. sure, why not.

After the twisties I head out to Woodward Park to meet up with other friends. I got to a red light and a WRX Sti pulls up with a fart can. Give me a rev and sets his RPM. I knew he wanted to run so I ready myself. Green light and He launches his car and pulls hard…but, of course I don’t see him pulling because Im way up front. On mid 3rd I just let off….then a few seconds later he does a fly by….okay, sure, why not.

Coming home from the BBQ, I pull up to the SAME red light, a Evo 8 MR pulls up to me and has a nice look to it, all white. Anyways, I thought I should fool around with him so I gave him a rev. He takes the bait and revs back….Green light and same result as the WRX Sti, but no fly-by.

Almost reaching my home, I pull up to a Stang (06~07?) GT with a loud, I mean loud exhaust…I just somehow knew he wanted to run, but I was beat for the day and my crotch was sore from the twisties (been a while)…He rev’s and I didn’t respond this time, I just wanted to get home. On green light he jumps, but, his car starts to sputter and lags and finally stalls, right in the middle of the crossing street…I giggled and rode past him slowly….good job mr. Stang, good job!

yeah, whats with people who wanted to race that day?! jUst because I have an older bike, doesnt mean its slow. (900rr 93')...oh well, I like twisites more then drag racing anyways..just fun sometimes to drag..

Old 06-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: went riding...wth?!?!

dude i hear ya. here in jacksonville nc for come reason people like to think they can just go out and beat bike after bike like they have somthing to prove. the other niht i was comin back from just a nice slow rife minding my busness and a 02 camaro ss with a nice sounding exhaust pulls up. so he revs and i say ok. from a 60 Mph i went to about 120 and he was at least 5 to 6 cars behind me. o well everyone thinks they have something to prove i just think they should learn to to stay in there own class. the funny thing i have a 98 cbr 600 and i had little to no problem. keep showing them up and maybe they will learn. ride safe.