Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil & grease removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright so I went out and bought some simple green, I guess the main reason I started this thread is to ask "how do you all get in those tight nooks and crannys and cant be cleaned very easily?"

Old 12-28-2011, 12:26 PM

I use a product called Honda-Brite. You just spray it on and let it sit for a couple minutes then spray it off with water. I used it alot when i worked at the honda dealership and this stuff takes off tar bugs grease you name it. It is chrome and paint safe

Attached Thumbnails Oil & grease removal-08732-0020b.jpg  
Old 12-28-2011, 08:10 PM

I have had mixed results with wd40. been huffing lysol to clean chain lube off my wheels/ frame. what ever you use, use in well ventilated area. I have heard of people soaking carbs in pinesol...

qtips/ twigs wrapped in paper towels or rags.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:58 PM

Good idea on the Q-tips! I actually finished all of the cleaning today and I had to smash the tips of my fingers to get a thorough clean lol but for the condition its in I'd say it looks pretty dang good! lol

Old 12-29-2011, 02:08 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We don't have pine-sol here, but we do have a pretty good selection of other pineoil based products. I mostly use them for degreasing because they don't hurt paint jobs, are extremely efficient in getting that engine oil/tar/whatnot out of those hard to reach places, and they are environmentally friendlier than most industrial solvents. That stuff is great, you can clean your leather sofa and your bike's engine with the same spray bottle. Not to mention that it's considerably cheaper than any fancy-a## super-duper brand-product. Smells better too...

I wouldn't use it to clean carbs though... All the little jets and rubber seals could get clogged/brittle from possible residue. Not to mention water in jets. There I'd use brake cleaner or other highly vaporising stuff eg. Pure ethalon/lasol/marinol/diesel oil/ gas

Last edited by Mattson; 12-29-2011 at 02:12 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mattson
We don't have pine-sol here, but we do have a pretty good selection of other pineoil based products. I mostly use them for degreasing because they don't hurt paint jobs, are extremely efficient in getting that engine oil/tar/whatnot out of those hard to reach places, and they are environmentally friendlier than most industrial solvents. That stuff is great, you can clean your leather sofa and your bike's engine with the same spray bottle. Not to mention that it's considerably cheaper than any fancy-a## super-duper brand-product. Smells better too...

I wouldn't use it to clean carbs though... All the little jets and rubber seals could get clogged/brittle from possible residue. Not to mention water in jets. There I'd use brake cleaner or other highly vaporising stuff eg. Pure ethalon/lasol/marinol/diesel oil/ gas
My F4i doesn't have carbs (so I recently just figured out by another member on the forum lol embarrassing!) because it's fuel injected. But I used to use sea foam on my other bikes. The stuff works wonders!

Check this link out and go under the "Cleaning Fuel Injectors or Carburetor Jets" section.

Most people think that they have to go under the gas tank and remove the fuel line when you can simply put it in the gas tank lol

Old 12-29-2011, 04:40 PM

try the dryer sheet? just cleaned my rims with it. SHINING

Old 12-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Originally Posted by itsme71190
try the dryer sheet? just cleaned my rims with it. SHINING
Can I plead ignorant/stupid and ask what this dryer sheet is and from wench it came?

Old 12-29-2011, 08:56 PM

what you throw in the dryer with your cloths. (bounce, tide, etc). just a fiber like white 6in sheet.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:58 AM

I haven't tried it yet but I've heard good things. "itsme" Its just something you throw into the dryer to make your clothes smell good. lol

Quick Reply: Oil & grease removal