Heavy bar ends

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 09:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heavy bar ends

Still getting vibes through the bars does anyone know where I can heavier bar ends, cant find any on fleabay.
Or has anyone had heavier ones engineered?

Cheers.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 05-10-2014, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock
I looked here and could find the bike never looked at generic Honda - ordered now just gotta wait for them to fly over the pond

Cheers

Old 05-10-2014, 09:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Check these out.
I have the 12 oz. and looks and work great.

PH APP FINDER

Old 05-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quite the deal starting at almost $95

But quality product by the looks of it though.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:53 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Agree they are pricey, but after trying sintered blocks, the handling got a little heavy. LOL
I bit the bullet and got them.
They do work great on killing the buzzing on my '88, which was making my 200 miles weekend rides unbearable.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:32 PM

Try Vibranators. Seriously....look them up.

Warner

Here you go:

http://www.vibranator.com/default.asp

Last edited by Webbie1; 06-21-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you used these vibranator's

I'd be very interested in getting some hands on reviews. I guess with age comes the need to explore all these little devices that make our riding a little more comfortable

Old 07-24-2016, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Gazz
Have you used these vibranator's

I'd be very interested in getting some hands on reviews. I guess with age comes the need to explore all these little devices that make our riding a little more comfortable
Here's what I'll tell you Gazz.

Have I used them? Yes.

Have I used them on the CBR? No.

What did you use them on? My 2001 DRZ400s Dual Sport

Did they WORK? Well, the reason I got them was I was taking a 2,000 mile, 8 day trip from Chicago to North Carolina and back, and when I'd ride over 50 miles on the DRZ, I had some numbness and tingling in my hands. I didn't want this to become a limiting issue on my trip. Weakest point and all that.
So I sprung the $80 or whatever for them and installed them. Initial impression? The bars still vibrated. Long term, real world evaluation? While the bars still felt like the were vibrating, something MUST have changed.....amplitude or whatever, because my hands NEVER got numb after installing them. We did some 400 mile days, too....so they were torture tested.

That's my review. Hopefully it's helpful.

Warner

Old 07-24-2016, 05:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for that.
I'm at the moment looking at options to help minimise pressure on my wrists and neck etc.
I had read somewhere that the bars off a 1989 vfr750 would fit the 1996 cbr1000f and ultimately give considerable rise however after sending off an enquirer to a wrecker that was advertising the very vfr in question, his reply this morning actually was in fact that the vfr bars would not fit the cbrf
So that leaves me with still looking at ways to reduce some stress on the hands wrists and neck.
There are not many of our rides here that tend to be less than 4 hours. just to head to what is known as the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast from where we are is about 2.5 and 3 hours respectively one eay and that's without time running around.
I gather these vibranators are pretty easily and quickly installed so either way I might get some to try and if I come up with another set of bars I can the swap them across.
I read quite an in depth article last night on a cbr1000f being actually lowered which then resulted in the same effect as having considerable amount of rise in the bars but after reading and digesting it all, it certainly was a massive endeavour just to get what probably can be easily attained by finding suitable clip ons.
I'm pulling my hair out as well trying to find fairings for my 1995 cbr1000f as fairing parts seem to be very difficult to find. I have emailed the aftermarket manufacturers of fairings that I have been able to find but as their replies come in they all say the same thing and that's just that they don't make fairings for the f's

Quick Reply: Heavy bar ends