CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Needing help with electrical problems!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing help with electrical problems!!!!

Hi all noob here needing help with an electrical problem. I have to say first I’m sorry because even thought I don’t own a Honda I wish I did and could get rid of my crapy gsxr, sorry all. How ever my good friend does have a 954 and needs help. The first problem is the turn signals do not flash they come on like they should when there switched on but they only stay solid in the front, rear and on the gauge cluster not flashing. The other problem is when you turn on the key you don’t hear the fuel pump priming and you can turn over the motor but fuel is not getting any where, my first guess would be a relay but I don’t know how to test relays and all the fuses are good. Now also to let you know he has jumped the battery with a car battery and I don’t know if that can affect any thing but I have herd it can because of different amp rates but it’s still a good battery. Any ideas as to what could be causing these problems?????Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks for your time.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Needing help with electrical problems!!!!

hm your turn signal.. the bulb stays on.. or the light on the gauge cluster... did u check all the bulbs/ fuses and did u put aftermarket bulbs/turn signals???? also the fuel pump is not priming.. you should hear a click towards the rear of the bike..

Old 11-13-2007, 02:45 AM

yes they are after market leds and the fuses are good but both the front and rear lights stay litas well asthe light indicator on the gauge cluster but is limited to each side so another words when you engage the left turnswitchthe 2 left leds (front and rear turn signals) and the left turn light indicator on the gauge cluster lights up and the same forwhen you switch itright butwhen switched leftor right the 3 stayfully litand don't flashlike they should other wise they stay off when the switch is not engaged. as for the fuel pump i don't know if there is a click when the key is turned onbut if it doesn't do that mean a bad relay???

Old 11-13-2007, 04:47 AM

you will need a flash unit if you are using led instead or bulb.I think because the resistance of both are difference so when you switch on the signal it only lite on but don't blink. saw some sellig on the ebay

Old 11-13-2007, 05:40 PM

Sesshou is right. The power draw from the led's is not sufficient to activate the flash unit. You should be able to skip eGay and get an LED resistance unit from your local bike or auto shop. As for the fuel pump. Is the run switch set to 'run' all fuses and connections are good? test the relay?

Old 11-13-2007, 11:44 PM

As always, I'm more familiar with other manufacturers than Honda, BUT, I happen to know that some of the turn signals operate through a seperate turn signal module. The module sends out a square wave, and will double flash if it reads a difference of 1.6 amps (its a little more complicated than that... but its easier this way). If it reads less than 0.5 amps, it will set a code, but should still flash. Back on point, there will be something that reads the signal, so as much as it may set a code or double flash, it should still flash... I'm thinking the turn signals weren't installed right and the running light (usually blue) line got mixed up with the turn signal line (usually purple or brown).

I got nuthin for the fuel pump. Good luck!

Old 11-16-2007, 11:25 AM

Yes it could be that you need a resistor but ive had this problem and i messed wit the wiring to the turn signals and double checked all wiring to make sure there were no loose connections (and there were) after that it fixed the problem, check your wiring.