CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Need new tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new tires

Sorry im pretty new to this form and i need to find the answer quick, usualy i look it up but on a bit low on time. Anyway i need to replace my rear tire on my 03 954, they were stock and since im getting the rear done i though might as well do the front even though it still got good tread left. Anyway why type of tires do you guys recommend, I use my bike alot, mosly on the highway, money is not really an issue but i dont want to go crazy. Seem alot of people recommend the michillen pilots, i was going togo with those but just wanted some input from you guys, again i usualy look this up and im sure there has been a post about this before, my apologies, just new to this form and cant find it and need to know asap, thanks guys.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need new tires

there are hundreds of threads about this .. but pilots are awesome, i run pierlli diablos... last a good 5-6k with normal to hard riding... great traction and warm up very quick... if u just do highway then look for a harder tire for more miles but then you lose a little in the corners and stuff like that... look on ebay for some good deals, take ur rim off urself and bring the tire and rim into a shop should be pretty cheap that way..

Old 06-14-2007, 12:49 AM

I have always put dunlop D208ZR tires on all of my bikes. They seem to last quite a long time, but I do not ride super hard. I like the tread pattern on them and they seem to be pretty reasonably priced. That is my personal preference. Check them all out and pick one that fits your style of riding.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:06 AM

i am using the conti's sport attack and so far i love them....little cheaper also

Old 06-14-2007, 03:14 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Lot of good tires out there, my rec. is just to make sure you stick to a good name brand. Michelin, Pirelli, Metzler, and Dunlop are 4 of the bigger (better i.m.o.) names out there, and you wont go much wrong with any of them.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:18 AM

just like joey954rr said im also using the conti attack which stick real good and are inexpensive. but since u do alot of highway ridin like myself the best ones to get for milage are the conti force tires. the conti force tires last what seems like forever i used to light it up and it still wouldnt loss any tread and even wit doin an ungodly amount of rollin burnouts i still got atleast 5k(keep in mind this is while doin alotta burnouts). if u need somethin wit miles get the "conti-force"

Old 06-14-2007, 08:34 AM

In a popular magazine comparison with Kent Kunisugu & Andrew Trevitt (Sport Rider or MotorcyclistI think) they liked the Michelin pilot power the best followed closely by the Dunlop qualifier. I think the Bridgestone BT-014's were next and then maybe the Metzlers and then the Pirelli's. I have run Dunlop 207's 208's, Bridgestone BT010's, Metzler M1 sportec, and Bridgestone BT-012ss's on my CBR954rr and liked them all except for the BT010's by Bridgestone. My next tire will be the Michelins based solely on the magazine article and a friend's recommendation. Of all the tires I have used so far, I liked the Metzler the best. Hope this helps. Sorry but I could not find the link to the shootout.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:51 AM
VP

I run the dunlop qualifiers... love em. I've ran a 954 with pilots and I could not tell a difference. No track time for me though.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:15 PM
TEN

I love the Metzlers. M3s. Awesome tires .

Old 06-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

contis and dunlops are fine for higher mileage and highway use... if u want to have a sticky tire get diablos or pilot powers.. qualifers aren't too bad

Quick Reply: Need new tires