CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

I need some help badly 954rr

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help badly 954rr

I've owned 4 954's already and this one i got now has taken the cake. I have a studder or bucking between 2 and 3k rpms. after that it seems to smooth out but it has no real power after 3k rpms like they should. i was lucky enough to have a friend with a 954 and we took gas tank, injectors, and computer out and put it in mine with still the same problem. The plugs are getting more than normal oil on them. even when you put fresh plugs in it still has the same issues. Please someone help me out i've seen other people with the same problems but they never seem to post a fix when they get one. thanks a lot

Old 06-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Default cont..

also when you try to start bike after it's sat overnight or for anything longer than ten it won't start or it act's like it's not getting any fire. and when you do get it started it idles real rough at about 200 or 300 hundred rpms. if you touch gas the bike will shut down but if you leave it alone for a min it will work itself out and start idling about 1200 rpms.

Ive read hundreds of threads all over the net. this is a used motor that was installed by a previous owner. The bike sat for two years with old gas (3/4) in it until i picked it up. he put new gas and battery and some stp fuel treatment in it the day i picked it up. he swore that the pick was a perfect rider when he parked it. Hmmmmm

Old 07-11-2012, 10:41 PM

check your fuel pressure regulator.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Official Glory Detailer

Check the compression ? It should. 180 to 178 each cilinder . There shouldent be any oil on the plugs period.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:29 PM

compressions build in 3 of 4 just fine but then one cylinder will build up to 60 sometimes and then sometimes it will build up to 150 then looses it to 0..

Old 08-05-2012, 11:17 AM

Fuel pressure regulator? Sounds to me like your rings are sticking a bit from sitting but that is an easy fix. But since you completely ignored my last post for so long I will recommend Google to you.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:21 PM

i'm not trying to ignore your post just been hectic with getting ready for new baby and trying to fix my bike and working 2 jobs at the moment.. so i don't get a lot of time to try and google or get on the forum.. i've taken it to 3 different shops and they all don't seem to have a definite answer on what the problem is..

Old 08-11-2012, 08:47 PM

is the tps sensor replaceable in the 954rr

Old 08-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

not that i know of... because they're not like a car. in a car, you can unscrew the sensor and screw in a new one. on the bikes, they're riveted or something like a rivet and then painted usually in a mark to show timing.... so i'm not quite sure, but i wouldn't think so

why?

if you need a set a TBs, let me know

Old 08-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Cool

after months of not riding it. and 4 shops later i decided to check the TPS sensor to see if it was working right. and of course the readings where all wrong. from the closed position to the wide open position. so i'm thinking that is the reason it would fall on it's face and stutter when you started to open the throttle..

So i ordered new throttle bodies since the sensor is not replaceable and just waiting for them to get in.. i will let you guys know if it works..

And by the way don't always listen to mechanics the last guy i took it to said i had no compression in one cylinder.. so ya i did my own compression test and i had 165 straight across the board..

Quick Reply: I need some help badly 954rr