CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

2002 CBR 954 RR Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 02:28 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Very nice until you add up the cost in this project.

Have you considered installing a Factory Pro Evo shift kit while you have it apart? I installed one in my bike last month with stiffer EBC clutch springs and new oem fibers and steel plates. Shifting is much better, firm and quick instead of the clunky factory setup.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do have a pics of the HRC springs and free lenght etc. ? For comparison to the kibblewhites springs?

Old 03-23-2013, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by backdoc
Very nice until you add up the cost in this project.

Have you considered installing a Factory Pro Evo shift kit while you have it apart? I installed one in my bike last month with stiffer EBC clutch springs and new oem fibers and steel plates. Shifting is much better, firm and quick instead of the clunky factory setup.
I was thinking about it. The new barnett clutch is gonna be a lot nicer i do need to think about it though . Im trying not to cut corners anywhere . I have more pics and info to upload this is just a start.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by mika_u
Do have a pics of the HRC springs and free lenght etc. ? For comparison to the kibblewhites springs?
Ill see what I can get you im interested to see how your kibble whites work out. Thats the way I was gonna go until I found these gems

Old 03-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM

Originally Posted by mrsmobbins101
Ill see what I can get you im interested to see how your kibble whites work out. Thats the way I was gonna go until I found these gems
I don't see a reason why the wouldn't work. Offcourse they are little stiffer and wear down the heads components faster than oem. They will be fitted probably next week so have to hope nothing goes wrong!
oem:
Aijaa.com - 11972774
KPMI:
Aijaa.com - valve springs

Last edited by mika_u; 03-23-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=backdoc;1223310]Very nice until you add up the cost in this project.

i dont mind it . If you bought a new bike it is just like every other new bike. this one will be mine and pretty much brand new.

Old 03-23-2013, 04:29 PM

how do you post pics not as attatchments ?

Old 03-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

[IMG]imageurl[/IMG] and it'll embed

mrsmobbins, nice engine build, looks similar to mine (minus the fancy erion head). can you PM me some details about that erion head? did you find it with the work already done? did you have it done? price of the porting? bronze valve seat install price? etc...

and are you using the stock clutch basket? how do the barnett plates fit? i heard they didn't fit at all, so i'm using the OEM plates with the barnett springs - but if they fit just as good as OEM, i'll know for when i need to replace them.

who are you using as to tune once you get it running?

and mika, if you really are going to spin that fast (13k rpms), you DO need those heavier springs... i'm not sure lighter ones would close the valve fast enough

Old 03-23-2013, 09:46 PM

To be honest we called erion looking for cams that they had laying around. Then they wanted to sell us an engine. That fell through so they sold us the head the way it is now. For a killer price too. As for the clutch plates yea its the stock basket. The new speings made it hard to get in but the playes fit perfect. I dont see any reason to get a new basket. it seems like erion has aa lot of older parts that they want to get rid of but they have politics that stop them from getting rid of certian things.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
[IMG]imageurl[/IMG] and it'll embed

mrsmobbins, nice engine build, looks similar to mine (minus the fancy erion head). can you PM me some details about that erion head? did you find it with the work already done? did you have it done? price of the porting? bronze valve seat install price? etc...

and are you using the stock clutch basket? how do the barnett plates fit? i heard they didn't fit at all, so i'm using the OEM plates with the barnett springs - but if they fit just as good as OEM, i'll know for when i need to replace them.

who are you using as to tune once you get it running?

and mika, if you really are going to spin that fast (13k rpms), you DO need those heavier springs... i'm not sure lighter ones would close the valve fast enough
Local shop is tuning it. I have the before dyno numbers but I lost the paper. Hes gonna give me both after he tunes it . I had 127 hp before the tear down . Which isnt bad considering the state the engine was in . Im super excited to hear it turn over. Should be nasty

Quick Reply: 2002 CBR 954 RR Rebuild