CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

JUST BOUGHT 2000 CBR 929 WITH NO START PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JUST BOUGHT 2000 CBR 929 WITH NO START PROBLEM

Hey Guys Im new to here figured i would try this out. Well i just bought a 2000 929 that will not run. Here's what i have found so far. I have no spark and no fuel. I checked fuel pump by putting power to it and it works. I havechecked all the wires and they are good i ohmed them out. I have no signal coming from my pcm to the fuel pump relay. I have a ground on the ignition side but no power. My guess is a bad ecm. I havea hanes manual that came with the bike but the wiring colors dont seem to be right. I was reading that this bike could have a theft system on in that built in the key i call it a pats system wich is what is on cars. But the keys are just normal keys and i dont see anything on the igntion switch either that would look like it has it on it. The manual says a key symbol would light up on the cluster but i am not seing it either. Has anyone ran into this problem? Or anyone can help me out on it. Thx A.J

Old 11-20-2007, 05:22 AM
Default RE: JUST BOUGHT 2000 CBR 929 WITH NO START PROBLEM

I am having the exact same problem with an engine out of a 2002 954. I can ground out the back side of the fuel pump and spark plugs and they will work. It is the ECM that is not telling it to fire.I have narrowed it down to either the ECM being faulty or the theft device in the keyswitch but I have been unable to get any answers on theft device. I am close to breaking down and ordering an ECM but those do not go bad that often. Please let me know if you find anything out and I will do the same. I have talked to a few Honda dealers and they have not been able to help yet.

I am sure it has something to do with a certain voltage being sent to the ECM from the keyswitch. I used a variable voltage supply and still did not get it to prime the fuel.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:40 AM
dd

The key security system didn't come on the 929. Believe first year was on the 954, 2002/2003. Down load the manuals on this site. Haynes is to generic forelec. and fuel inj. diag.Check wiring diag.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:33 PM

I down loaded them but they dont look much diff. I need something that has a pinpoint test tells you what the reading should be. Im pretty sure its the ecm but want to be positive before i buy one. I called a local shop here asked them what they thought and if there was a way to test the ecm they said there are no test just put a known good one in it and see if it starts. That just dont sound right that there is no way to test it.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:24 PM

Ok well i think i got it figured out so long as it does not have the theft system wich i dont think it does from what i can tell. What i found is there is a bad connection on the lean angle sensor and that cause's the injectors and the coils not to have power along with no power to the fuel pump. Once i fixed that i am now getting power to the injectors,coils and fuel pump. Now i have also found that the ecu/pcm or cdi wich ever you want to call it is not sending a signal to gound the injectors and coils. So i found a ecu on ebay really cheap bought for $50.00 a place here in ohio wanted $250.00 for it so i think i got a good deal. I should have this sometime next week and will follow up on my post if this fix's it wich im almost 100% sure it will if this sytem is anything like a car's system i know its the problem since i work with these problems everyday on cars but new to fixing bikes. Well hope this is it

Old 11-20-2007, 10:12 PM
dd

Last to thing to replace is the ECM. Can't test it, just like cars, eliminate all else. Test bank angle sensor, kick-standand others. Pretty strange to have 2 problems.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:20 PM

Well after feeling like a dumb *** lol i figured out i only hvae one problem forgive me im new to bikes lol. I figured out there was no bad connection on the lean angle system wich i figured was a sensor that would tell the bike it was running to lean since im use to working on cars and didnt know its a tipp angle sensor. so i had the dang thing dangling out my way to get to the fuel pump relay lol. Any way it works as its suppose to so the only thing now is the pcm is not pulsing the injectors or ignition coils. But someone else on here said that my bike does have the theft system in the key so im wondering if thats not my problem cause on a car if you do not have the correct programmed key it will cut igntion and fuel off.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:23 PM

qrwqyngajvwnusgjvzgdshahgsns xhdbcbdcnchc vbncvbxzaadqwrqefawfqqeqqfeqwaaqauataqewrwiqqwtwut eedtf

Old 11-25-2007, 03:32 PM

jdgjgsjsgdnddjdjumhjbjvssvdsvnsvsbxcx bx xbx xhcndhd xgxbxvcncvc v

Old 11-25-2007, 08:58 PM

Well i got the pcm for it and still dont run. The bike is doing the same thing no pulse to injectors or coils and no power to fuel pump this thing is driving me nuts. I pulled the igntiong switch out and dont see that this bike has a theft deterent system so i dont think thats the problem with this one. Any Help Any One?????????

Quick Reply: JUST BOUGHT 2000 CBR 929 WITH NO START PROBLEM