CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

2001 929RR Flashing Red Light?

Old 07-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 929RR Flashing Red Light?

Hello Everyone,

If this is a re-post then I am extremely sorry. But when it comes to fixing my bike I have no idea what the technical terms are to search for it properly. So two months ago I wrecked my bike. The only thing that messed up was my Stator Cover had cracked. I finally found myself a new one and installed it. The section of the bike that it connected to was cracked and started to leak oil. So I had a guy come and fix it with a TIG weld. All seems well but when I started my bike today it had trouble starting. After riding it for about a mile a "F1" symbol came up on my dash. Then a red light came on and started flashing. I thought it was a steady flash at first. But after looking at it. Its 3 long flashes. And 5 short flashes. I have no idea what this means. I have never seen either show up on my bike before. I looked in my service manual but nothing is in there about it. Any feedback would be great.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rayven84
Hello Everyone,

If this is a re-post then I am extremely sorry. But when it comes to fixing my bike I have no idea what the technical terms are to search for it properly. So two months ago I wrecked my bike. The only thing that messed up was my Stator Cover had cracked. I finally found myself a new one and installed it. The section of the bike that it connected to was cracked and started to leak oil. So I had a guy come and fix it with a TIG weld. All seems well but when I started my bike today it had trouble starting. After riding it for about a mile a "F1" symbol came up on my dash. Then a red light came on and started flashing. I thought it was a steady flash at first. But after looking at it. Its 3 long flashes. And 5 short flashes. I have no idea what this means. I have never seen either show up on my bike before. I looked in my service manual but nothing is in there about it. Any feedback would be great.

Long flashes are 10 and short are 1 equaling 35. That fault is "Faulty EGCV and air intake valve servo motor".

Best case scenario: dirty connections or loose connections
Worst case scenario: Bad ECM

But I highly doubt it is your ECM. Start with dirty or loose connections. Check to see if the servo does not move or is "seized" when given throttle..... I didnt want to mess with those sh!tty servos, so by Conrice's advice, so I bought the Exhaust Servo Remover Module. My exhaust "butterflys" are laced open, along with the flapper mod done to the air box. I also removed the cables. The remover module cost me 30 bucks.....

One more thing: if the gears are stripped in the servo it will not move.....The gears are plastic....

Old 07-23-2011, 05:35 PM

Cool ill check for that. Also the bike was sitting for about two months. I charged the battery at auto zone just to be on the safe side but I still have trouble starting it. Would the Could I have damaged my battery having it sit that long? And last question where is my Servo Motor located?

Old 07-23-2011, 06:40 PM

Its right above the stator cover that you replaced. Its that box thing connected to the frame on the inside below the tank. It will have throttle type cables connected if they still are connected. When you say trouble starting, do you mean the battery is weak or it just turns and turns and finally catches? Your battery sitting is not a issue, mine sat for the winter for 6 months and I put it on a battery charger and no problems since. Ive had it since 08

Old 07-23-2011, 07:59 PM

Great thanks. The bike turns and turns then it'll catch and when I turn it off and try again it will try and turn a few times and then I will hear nothing at all.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:10 AM

When is the last time you pulled the plugs or checked the air filter? Try giving it a little twist of the throttle next time....

Old 07-25-2011, 09:48 AM

I haven't checked the plugs or air filter in months. I just got back in town today so i'm gonna give it a run down starting with the servo. Hopefully I will find the issue.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:11 AM

ok so new development. So I checked all the cables and they looked ok. I tried starting the bike but it would not try to turn over at all. So I gave it a jump and it started right up. It still gave me the error code. But this time arund my headlights started flickering really fast, and wouldn't stop. then after about a minute of idle the lights went dim. even the light on the dash went dim. I turned off the bike and tried to restart it but it wouldn't start again. The plugs and the air filter also looked good.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:11 PM

Your headlights are draining all of your power.. kidding.. You a Cowboys Fan?

Old 07-28-2011, 01:57 PM

sounds like you need a new stator

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 929RR Flashing Red Light?