CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

two brothers FULL system for a 99?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two brothers FULL system for a 99?

Hey guys. I havent been here for a while. I am looking to change my exhaust. I have a yoshi slip on right now. I love the sound of the 2 bros. I was told you cnat change the sound much by just changing slip ons and when i didnt know any better i didnt listen to the guy who told me that. So i bought a used d&d and swapped it out. Yup... learned the hard way. Tiny difference. I didnt post in the wanted section cause i wasnt sure if i could even get one? I looked on ebay and there is one off a 97 DAMN IT! I think the 98 and 99s are the same. Any one know if /where I can get one? Used / new , color etc I dont care. I love this bike and its in mint condition (stock). But , I have thought about getting rid of it just cause its hard to find parts. I like to keep it as stock as possible. Thanks

Old 03-10-2016, 03:21 AM

I have a 2000 Honda CBR600F4 with D&D kit. Love the sound. Best of luck in your mods

Old 03-10-2016, 09:53 AM
Nov 2011 ROTM

Double edged sword... Harder to find but often, lot's a used or cheap new parts.

Full system won't change much either FYI. Stock head pipes were pretty damn good on those.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by cc rider
Hey guys. I havent been here for a while. I am looking to change my exhaust. I have a yoshi slip on right now. I love the sound of the 2 bros. I was told you cnat change the sound much by just changing slip ons and when i didnt know any better i didnt listen to the guy who told me that. So i bought a used d&d and swapped it out. Yup... learned the hard way. Tiny difference. I didnt post in the wanted section cause i wasnt sure if i could even get one? I looked on ebay and there is one off a 97 DAMN IT! I think the 98 and 99s are the same. Any one know if /where I can get one? Used / new , color etc I dont care. I love this bike and its in mint condition (stock). But , I have thought about getting rid of it just cause its hard to find parts. I like to keep it as stock as possible. Thanks
I got a 2bro carbon looking pipe to trade for an oem muffler (97 900rr) ?

Old 07-21-2016, 02:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi mate
I just put a set of stainless steel Laser pipes on my cbr1000f-t and can't be happier.

The sound at idle is great, the sound with a few revs on is amazing and out on the highway the sound is nothing short of awesome.

For a $100 pick up from a swap meet I'm laughing mate but I believe even new the Laser exhausts are not that expensive

Old 07-21-2016, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Gazz
Hi mate
I just put a set of stainless steel Laser pipes on my cbr1000f-t and can't be happier.

The sound at idle is great, the sound with a few revs on is amazing and out on the highway the sound is nothing short of awesome.

For a $100 pick up from a swap meet I'm laughing mate but I believe even new the Laser exhausts are not that expensive
Your 2004 1000rr is the fastest bike ?

Old 07-21-2016, 06:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes Mate it's wicked fast but in saying that, it comes at a cost and the cost is comfort. I can ride my cbr1000F all day every day and we do a lot of. Lies here in Australia.

I was only talking with another guy on the Gold Coast last night and we done a trip a few years ago

Brisbane to broken hill to Adelaide to Esperance to Albany to Perth to monkey Mia back to Perth to koolgardie then north to the a dirt road that took us back east towards the back of Ayers Rock then south to coolgardie then to Adelaide across to Melbourne then Sydney and back up the east coast to Brisbane

That's one monumental trip mate and would not be able to do it on a cbr1000rr

A couple of hours on it and I'm looking for a rest.

I'm on the hunt at the moment for a 2008 limited edition cbr1100xx super blackbird so hopefully I will find one.

It saddens me greatly that Honda's line up now has no replacement for the cbr11000xx. Some of us just don't like or simply can't grasp the idea of v fours or v twins etc and are confirmed inline 4 lovers.

They continue with the cbr1000rr as its the flagship of production racing but gone are our hard honest sports tourers that we have loved and admired for so long.

My advice is to grab a couple of either the Hurricanes or blackbirds as they will certainly increase in value. They are iconic and they will follow tradition of the other ones that have increased in value. They go through a phase of no one wants them and you can buy them for one or two thousand then all of a sudden up they go in value and become real collectables