CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Bike is freaking me out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike is freaking me out!

Random misfire that started in cyl #3 then jumped to #2 and now it's misfiring in cyl #1 each time it "jumps" the previous cylinder returns to normal as verified by spraying the head pipes with a mist of water.

I've taken the carbs completely apart and replaced every o-ring/seal possible and cleaned every orfice. Just last week the bike was running beautifully but now I'm losing it. I even tried doing the c.o.p. conversion and still had the misfire jump from cylinder to cylinder.

Anyone else ever had this problem? Could a bad pulser coil be the culprit??

Thanks in advence

Old 02-23-2015, 08:45 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

What do the plugs look like? When you said it was jumping between 2&3, I figured coil since those two cylinders are on the same coil. But its odd that it jumped to #1.

Anymore back story on this bike? Did you recently acquire it or has it been a daily rider for you? Was it just this issue that developed that caused you to start messing with the carbs?

Old 02-23-2015, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
What do the plugs look like? When you said it was jumping between 2&3, I figured coil since those two cylinders are on the same coil. But its odd that it jumped to #1.

Anymore back story on this bike? Did you recently acquire it or has it been a daily rider for you? Was it just this issue that developed that caused you to start messing with the carbs?
Bought it last year from a guy that hadn't ridden it in about a year. Replaced the fuel pump, filter and petcock/strainer, also replaces the float valves. Rebuilt the carbs and it ran bitchin' until just recently when I went to start it and it sounded a bit off. I sprayed the primary exhaust tubes and saw the water not evaporate from one of the tubes. Pulled the carbs off and checked all the jets and they were clear. Ohm'd out the coils/wires and they were ok. Put it all back together and #1 was missing. All the plugs are new(less than 1k on them). If I had hair I'd be pulling it out..... So now I thinking either pulser or possibly cdi box.....