CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

95 CBR 900 RR Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 07:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ambeos i def feel your pain and wish you lived closer by, because i would def swing by and be a second pair of eyes and hands for you...
i'm thinking maybe you should try to replace the blinker flasher box with a cheap fleabay one if you come across one for the right price..
i assume you have replaced all your fuses out of the fuse box, after all they are pretty old..
ran down all the earth grounds on the bike and backed them out and applied some dielectric grease and tightened them back down!
also meticulously run through the rest of the harness for any other abnormalities..

i'll tell you though, if i had your problem it would drive me bananas, i have a type A personality and once something is on my mind i have no choice i have to figure it out and fix what ever it is.. it would litterey keep me up at nights until it was solved one way or another..

which brings me to, why dont you use some of that info i dug up and just put an electric box in and do away with the old stuff?

i also wanted to leave you with this, i just did the final adjustments on the viking mod i just installed on my 95 and i have to say holy cannoli, having done my sprockets and plus four degrees on the timing advance
and the viking mod has you drill 6-ten millimeter holes into my air box and installing 140 mains in my carb replacing 120's. this bike has never been so damn incredibly fast and smooth outrages power.. i can pull the front tire off the ground through the first three gears, no clutch , just gas and yet with supreme control bring the tire up and back down then right back up again.. my god just incredible..
i let a friend take it for a spin last and meanwhile he drives a newer R1 and when he got off the look on his face was priceless, i'm sure he's stilln scratching his head this morning..when he got off , he said his bike does not have that kind of power..
anyway theres a couple trricks to the mod, that i had to figure out and alot guys who try dont end up getting it right because they dont follow the install to the letter.. if your interested just let me know..

Old 07-27-2014, 03:18 PM
ROTM, Oct 2014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonchristopher
ambeos i def feel your pain and wish you lived closer by, because i would def swing by and be a second pair of eyes and hands for you...
i'm thinking maybe you should try to replace the blinker flasher box with a cheap fleabay one if you come across one for the right price..
i assume you have replaced all your fuses out of the fuse box, after all they are pretty old..
ran down all the earth grounds on the bike and backed them out and applied some dielectric grease and tightened them back down!
also meticulously run through the rest of the harness for any other abnormalities..

i'll tell you though, if i had your problem it would drive me bananas, i have a type A personality and once something is on my mind i have no choice i have to figure it out and fix what ever it is.. it would litterey keep me up at nights until it was solved one way or another..

which brings me to, why dont you use some of that info i dug up and just put an electric box in and do away with the old stuff?

i also wanted to leave you with this, i just did the final adjustments on the viking mod i just installed on my 95 and i have to say holy cannoli, having done my sprockets and plus four degrees on the timing advance
and the viking mod has you drill 6-ten millimeter holes into my air box and installing 140 mains in my carb replacing 120's. this bike has never been so damn incredibly fast and smooth outrages power.. i can pull the front tire off the ground through the first three gears, no clutch , just gas and yet with supreme control bring the tire up and back down then right back up again.. my god just incredible..
i let a friend take it for a spin last and meanwhile he drives a newer R1 and when he got off the look on his face was priceless, i'm sure he's stilln scratching his head this morning..when he got off , he said his bike does not have that kind of power..
anyway theres a couple trricks to the mod, that i had to figure out and alot guys who try dont end up getting it right because they dont follow the install to the letter.. if your interested just let me know..
I am the same JC its bothering the crap out of me, considering i used to do electrical work for a living its killing me that i cant even figure out what the problem is much less fix it, i got a couple more things im going to try if it doesnt work after that im just going to run my own relay and flasher units. The only thing keeping me from going insane over it is that i have 4 ATVs with problems too so im playing roulette with working on projects right now....lol

Yes please send some info my way on the viking mod my bike is tore apart right now anyway, be a great time to mod it.

Update on that spray chrome is that it refuses to totaly cure, so im going to clear coat it and hope the clear cures overtop of it ill let you know.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

just a quick question. have you checked to see if you have adjustable needles or stock ones?

Old 07-28-2014, 04:01 AM
ROTM, Oct 2014

Originally Posted by jasonchristopher
just a quick question. have you checked to see if you have adjustable needles or stock ones?
Havent had a chance to get into the carbs yet. so at this point i dont know but i will check it out.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:59 AM
ROTM, Oct 2014

Just got finished painting the orange part on the rear wheel, ill post up some pics when i get both rims done.

And the spray chrome has finally cured now JC i think it took 4 days, not sure may have been to humid in the garage the A/C is still not working in there ive got a guy coming this week to fix it. Anyway i still think im going to clearcoat the chrome just to be safe.

Last edited by ambeos5; 07-28-2014 at 06:33 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:31 AM
ROTM, Oct 2014

well i tried clearing the spray chrome it instantly took away the chrome finish, so i have to rechrome one of the calipers now. But i did manage to chrome the rear caliper and bracket today along with painting the orange part of the rear rim i just need to polish the rest of it after paint completly cures, then do the same to the front rim. My REPSOL fairings should be in this week so i would like to get the swing arm and frame spray chromed before i install the new fairing. here is some pics

Name:  001-5.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  107.9 KB
Name:  003-4.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  114.4 KB

next is the swing arm and frame to be chromed soon as i figure out how to get the swing arm off safley and without the special socket.....lol

Old 07-28-2014, 04:21 PM
ROTM, Oct 2014

More chroming going on today The rear caliper and bracket are done and on the hanger is the swing arm, it has a couple spots here and there but i just put the 1st medium coat on i still have 2 more light coats to spray so i think it will cover and level out fine heres some pics

Name:  007-3.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  133.3 KB
Name:  006-4.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  84.9 KB

i know picture doesnt show it very well but swing arm is just as chrome as the other parts (crappy lighting in my garage)

Old 07-29-2014, 02:33 AM
ROTM, Oct 2014

got some more chroming and painting done tonight also got the swing arm and the exhaust installed on the bike now i put a couple scratches on it putting it on luckily its in places you can really see. Pics:

Name:  002-5.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  110.2 KB
Name:  003-5.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  104.6 KB
Name:  004-4.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  106.3 KB
Name:  005-5.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  89.1 KB
Name:  006-5.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  107.4 KB
Name:  001-6.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  104.1 KB

Next up is the frame, i did paint the front rim was just tired and forgot to get the pic of it ill post it later. I didnt chrome the rear subframe because its not visible when she has all of her clothes on and this spray chrome isnt the easiest thing to work with i may come back to it later on down the road.

Last edited by ambeos5; 07-29-2014 at 03:19 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:33 PM
ROTM, Oct 2014

hey JC here is the frame after the chrome you were wondering about and couple other pics too

Name:  001-7.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  121.3 KB
Name:  005-6.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  110.4 KB
Name:  002-6.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  74.4 KB
Name:  003-6.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  113.3 KB
Name:  004-5.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  122.3 KB

New fairing will be here torm. yeah!!! i might get to ride her a few times this season.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like how your bike is coming along! I might have to borrow a few of your ideas (paint on rims and rotors). I'm really digging the painted centers and bare metal outers!!

Quick Reply: 95 CBR 900 RR Build