CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

95 CBR 900 RR Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 02:34 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ambeos5
JC: i def want one of the seat cowls if you have the time just let me know the cost.

JC & Vin check this out i ran across these on ebay and for some reason i think they are cool looking i may buy me a set and its just a friend rule you find something cool you have to share must be a new product i havent seen them before. Think they would look cool if i wired them with the diodes so they run as running lights and signals.

Ebay- Lighted Bar Ends 7/8

And if you guys know were i can find a cheap F4I gauge cluster at i want to change the bike over to that, i did it on my F3 and loved it.
thats so funny, i was just looking at these two days ago..
Honda CBR 600 F3 F4i 900 929 1000 RR Turn Signal Handlebar Hand Grips 7 8" P08 | eBay
but i wish they had more styles and with gel grips..
the one thing i want to stress about the nine hundred is there is a lot of vibration in the bars and even after a short ride if you dont have the weights that belong in there "in", your hands will go numb..
i've thought about this more than a few times and i will say soft grips help alot and as a matter of fact, the grips you have on your bike , i have as well and i like the way they look, but after almost a year or more of having them. i'm planning on changing them this week, with these..
Handlebar Hand Grips 7 8" Honda CBR Suzuki GSXR 600 750 1000 Kawasaki Yamaha A23 | eBay
who knows, maybe i can use the lights you found, but if i did, i would most certainly roll some lead up and stuff it far into the bar to help counter any vibration..

Old 08-31-2014, 01:57 PM
ROTM, Oct 2014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete: thank you im sure your upgrades will turn out great.

JC: mine doesnt have any wieghts in them, doesnt seem to bad on vibration but i might just look into adding the wieghts i have a guy that can machine anything i need ill get a set put them in see if it makes a difference. I like those lights for some reason i dont really know why but i do im going to order a set and wire them like i did the rest of the lights with the diodes so they will run as running and turns.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:24 PM

Pete: thank you im sure your upgrades will turn out great.

JC: mine doesnt have any wieghts in them, doesnt seem to bad on vibration but i might just look into adding the wieghts i have a guy that can machine anything i need ill get a set put them in see if it makes a difference. I like those lights for some reason i dont really know why but i do im going to order a set and wire them like i did the rest of the lights with the diodes so they will run as running and turns.
yes will, you might not be bothered by the vibration right away, but i've talked to plenty of 900 guys who agree about the weights, and once it starts to bother the nerves in the wrist then its your wrist that will be the problem.. thank god i have two different 900's to compare against on a daily basis.. otherwise i wouldnt have enjoyed the many miles i put on the street fighter this year..
i've ridden straight on one bike or the other for the last 5-6 months,mostly the fighter. the last time i rode my truck into work was at least 4 months ago..i just wanted to share the heads up knowing your going to tweak the grips with the end bar lights..
are you planning on using them as straight on markers or blinkers?

Old 09-01-2014, 02:31 AM
ROTM, Oct 2014

Originally Posted by jasonchristopher
yes will, you might not be bothered by the vibration right away, but i've talked to plenty of 900 guys who agree about the weights, and once it starts to bother the nerves in the wrist then its your wrist that will be the problem.. thank god i have two different 900's to compare against on a daily basis.. otherwise i wouldnt have enjoyed the many miles i put on the street fighter this year..
i've ridden straight on one bike or the other for the last 5-6 months,mostly the fighter. the last time i rode my truck into work was at least 4 months ago..i just wanted to share the heads up knowing your going to tweak the grips with the end bar lights..
are you planning on using them as straight on markers or blinkers?
going to wire them in as both, im going to have my friend machine me some aluminium wieghts for the bars tuck some foam in with them so they dont move.

(simple use of diodes makes it possible to have both signals and blinkers on a 2 wire light, use diodes on both signal and running light wires from the bike hook both diodes into the 1 positive wire if the light ground the other, both signal and turn will work. diodes are marked differently so make sure you have the current flowing in the right direction this is how i have the front lights and the mirror lights wired)

Last edited by ambeos5; 09-01-2014 at 02:36 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:48 PM
ROTM, Oct 2014

In case you guys missed it Repsol Honda's Marc Marques Won at Silverstone Sunday making it 11 Victorys this season.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

In case you guys missed it Repsol Honda's Marc Marques Won at Silverstone Sunday making it 11 Victorys this season.
It was hard to miss. He had his bike on the ragged edge. JLo gave him a good race. Overall it was a good race, quite a few battles between most of the guys up front - the Rossi/Dovi/Pedrosa scrap was entertaining as well.

Last edited by Conrice; 09-01-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:39 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
It was hard to miss. He had his bike on the ragged edge. JLo gave him a good race. ...
Didn't spot JLo myself, but she does ride .... http://igadgetszone.com/FilesUploade...64/img_961.jpg ...

Dave

Old 09-02-2014, 05:23 AM

i would say im more of a race guy than a football guy..

Last edited by jasonchristopher; 09-02-2014 at 05:29 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:54 AM
ROTM, Oct 2014

Yes it was one of the better races, dont get me wrong i like to see marc leave them all behind in the front but i like a good fairing beating race too

Old 09-03-2014, 01:37 AM
ROTM, Oct 2014

well i was cleaning the bike up tonight before a ride and decided to shine the tires up when i was done it looked like the tire coating got onto the tread part of the tire, knowing this would be a disaster i wiped the tread part of the tire off with the paint gun wash i have (basically Laquer Thinner) and WOW you should have thought i wiped on MotoGP tires im sure thats not good for the tires to do regularly but man did it make them grip.....lol

after returning last night from some riding i decided to put up some more lights in the garage, in doing so i fell off the ladder onto my bike, broke one of the mirrors and messed up my back and shoulder. I fixed the mirror, i plastic welded it back together truthfully prolly stronger than it was before i can not say the same for my back and shoulder. Off to the chiropractor today i guess, and to buy a better ladder!!

Last edited by ambeos5; 09-03-2014 at 07:36 AM.

Quick Reply: 95 CBR 900 RR Build