CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

95 CBR 900 RR Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ambeos, what's going on my man. .
I wanted to check in and see how your feeling.
I just got off the phone with vin and was telling him about my latest project. .
So I figured I'd get you caught up as well. . Like I said in August I was going to start a carbon fiber project in September and here's my first piece. .it's not the best picture but I'm in work just doing something quick, im going to post better ones later in a separate thread. .
Name:  20140915_125602_zpsbaf4f13e.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  319.5 KB
Anyway I need to buy a vacuum bagging System and I'll probably build a solo seat for you by the end of the month..
Jay

Old 09-16-2014, 07:23 AM
ROTM, Oct 2014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great man, cant wait to see the solo seat cowl!! if you need any decals for the bike let me know (ie. those honda badges ect..)

I havent done much on my bike lately my back has been hurting pretty badly so im just riding it not working on it, i did however get some additional signals for the rear, the intergrated tail light just did not seem to be enough for my liking ill take some pics of the new ones they are the micro sized signals but are very bright.

I got all new tires for my atvs and new helmets and then my 750 went south on me (carbs need rebiult) so i guess ill be working on that, and i have taken on a new project for my best friend biulding a 1978 Honda GL1000 turning it into a cafe racer so far this bike is looking like a money pit but im not the one footing the bill im just the know how and labor

Last edited by ambeos5; 09-16-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:48 AM
ROTM, Oct 2014

hows it coming on the seat cowl JC?

Old 10-03-2014, 02:12 AM

Ambeos: things around here have been quiet without reading updates from your build..
seriously its been like a ghost town in here..

on the carbon fiber front i've had to change gears for a couple reasons but im not far off from getting it done..
i'm also currently searching for good quality cloth reasonably priced and plan on buying a fairly large roll and a vacuum bagging system.. theres a couple of other guys on this thread that asked for parts from me that i plan on making for them out of the carbon fiber. so im moving forward but this time of the year gets a little busy for me, but ill get it done and sent out..
another thing i want to add is theres so much prep involved. the weather has changed where i live and i need to move everything in doors to be able to control the temperature.
i also need to do some work to the piece im copying (hugger) and i might even add some material to it.. when i take it off tomorrow ill snap a picture and show you what i mean..
other than that i've resupplied my disposable brushes and whole bunch of other odds and ends that i could have used the first time around with the tank.
i have to say its alot effort, but the results are totally worth it..
ill keep you posted

Old 10-03-2014, 12:16 PM
ROTM, Oct 2014

Sounds like you got the process down JC i was just checking on ya , Yes my thread has been quiet i have been working on my house trying to get certain stuff done before winter hits (leave it to me to wait until Oct. to do it) that combined with the 15 other projects i have running at the moments it seems like has taken a big chunk out of my time. I have done anything to the bike yet i did get the micro turn signals installed on the rear but that about it. i ordered those lighted bar end but i cant get them to fit in the wieghts you were talking about are in the grips and they are tapped for regular sized like M6 bolts and the bar ends bolt is alot smaller i have tried my best to remove that from the housing on the bike but it will not come out. So until i figure that out the bar ends found a home in my tool box for now. I have been looking for a nice digital gauge cluster to put on the bike but so far i havent found one i really like besides the 600f4i cluster but im still looking.

the valve core is bad on my rear tire so i bought the aluminum racing valve cores to replace both front and rear just havent got them put in yet i got the orange color to match the rims 90 degree valves will make it alot easier to adjust the air pressure which i have found out on this bike makes a big difference running 34 instead of 36 in the rear is very noticable on my bike. I have been experimenting with the front seems like 32 is about the best in the front so far. i havent dailed the suspension in yet becasue 1-i havent had the time and 2- i need to replace all the seals in the forks still

ill take a pic of the signal lights i installed for ya, but thats about all i got done in a while.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:01 PM
ROTM, Oct 2014

while inspecting the bike today i noticed that the entire rearset is bent on the shifter side and i still need a brake pedal for the other side, JC got any extra parts your willing to sell?

I never seen anything on that ride of the month thing, did i miss it somehow?
Update: i put mine in the ROTM thread for oct., guess ill see what people think of her now

Last edited by ambeos5; 10-09-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:19 AM
Member & ROTM AUG 2013

you know I almost put mine in ROTM this month...I won it last aug 13. I'll wait to next month so I don't run against you...FYI ordered 2 lbs of neon yellow powder..on its way. you got my vote.

Old 10-10-2014, 06:22 AM
Member & ROTM AUG 2013

do I need to send you some LED tag lights? didn't see any in those pics in ROTM?
LMK...

Old 10-10-2014, 10:48 AM
ROTM, Oct 2014

they are there its just hard to see them

Old 10-11-2014, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by ambeos5
while inspecting the bike today i noticed that the entire rearset is bent on the shifter side and i still need a brake pedal for the other side, JC got any extra parts your willing to sell?

I never seen anything on that ride of the month thing, did i miss it somehow?
Update: i put mine in the ROTM thread for oct., guess ill see what people think of her now
hey ambeos, i can def hook you up... havnt been on the forums this week, but i keep up through the forum emails..
anyway i need to send a bunch of stuff to vin sometime this up coming week, give me your address and ill send you whatever you need..
jay

hey i was looking at your rotm pictures, you need to flip one of the mirrors the other way around.. not switch them! but pick one and keep the base on the bike and disconnect the arm and mirror part and re install it so it sits like the other one on the other side, do you know what i mean.. i ought the same mirrors and did it to mine make them look right

Last edited by jasonchristopher; 10-11-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Quick Reply: 95 CBR 900 RR Build