Complete New Bro here with a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete New Bro here with a few questions

Hi My names Joe,

Im from London, England but am currently living and working in Taiwan.

I've been riding scooters up to 150 since was big enough to plant my feet on them.

I have always loved bikes over cars and have slowly been falling in love with the idea of owning a CBR 600. (an later a 1000)

I was just wondering if it is unrealistic to get a 600 as my first geared bike or if I should own and get used to say a 200 or something first.

Also what bikes would you recommend as a first time geared bike.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:21 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First off welcome to the forum!

Well since you have experience of two wheelers on scooters I suppose you probly can start with a 600, CBR:s in general are fairly forgiving for newbies and are super stable to ride when you get then up to speed but also deliver a fairly good dish of hoon once you're up for it. To answer the question what to get we'd need to know your budget. F2:s are tanks but getting old, F3 is essentially an improved updated F2 and some gems can be found. The F4 is a whole another beast with aluminum frame, digital gauges and such and the F4i is an updated fuel injected version of that. I'd probly advise you to not get a 600rr for a first bike because of the riding position and more aggressive nature of the whole bike.

I'd say without knowing your budget get an F3 or an F4. One factor also is how good are you with tools and do you plan to do your own services.