2006 cbr 600rr wont start?????? HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 cbr 600rr wont start?????? HELP!!!

I picked up a 06 cbr600rr from the auction but it wont start. The battery has a full charge but when I turn the key on I get lights on the guages and headlight and horn but I cant hear the fuel pump and it wont turn over at all. I checked all the fuses on the left side of the bike and they are fine, I tried the relays on the front left of the bike and the fuse under the seat. I cant seem to figure it out! Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 09-19-2009, 11:27 PM

if the fuel pump doesnt prime and the fuses are all good chances are you have a bad fuel pump

Old 09-21-2009, 08:22 AM

But if that was the case wouldnt the bike still turn over? It does nothing when you try to start it as if the kickstand was down or something.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:37 AM

You need to check the killswitch for continuity, bank angle sensor, kickstand sensor.... and by saying "check" them, dont just look to see if they're plugged in, you need to unplug them and check for continuity

The engine won't turn over if either of these are not properly working regardless of whether the fuel pump is priming or not.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:16 AM

This sounds very familiar to what happened to my friends GSXR. First off you MAY have a bad fuel pump but you should def check all the small things first before you go and say you do. What we did what check the ground that he had, he had that white residue you see mostly on batteries on his ground which caused the connection not to work probably. Check all of your grounds and connections before you assume you have a bad fuel pump.

Hope this helps

Old 09-28-2009, 07:26 AM

Could it be as simple as the off/run switch on the handlebar is in the off position.....

If you roll it down the hill will it bump start and run?

Old 07-22-2017, 01:03 PM

Have almost the same issue with my 06 cbr600rr, but it cranks and runs when you pour gas into throttle bodies but that's about it. Fuel pump primes and works I've replaced it check all fuses replaced ignition pulse generator sensor and still having the same damn issue, I've come to the conclusion is has to be the injectors or something is not allowing the electricity to flow to the injectors cuz I've jumped the injectors with a 12 volt battery and they spray and bike runs but the noly issues with doing this is that when you unplug one of the injector connectors the fuel pump will not engage there for leaving you with no flow of fuel. Not to mention I already bypassed the kickstand and the BAS check fuses did all I could but still with a stranded bike for about 6 going to 7 months

Old 08-06-2017, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Zozo
Have almost the same issue with my 06 cbr600rr, but it cranks and runs when you pour gas into throttle bodies but that's about it. Fuel pump primes and works I've replaced it check all fuses replaced ignition pulse generator sensor and still having the same damn issue, I've come to the conclusion is has to be the injectors or something is not allowing the electricity to flow to the injectors cuz I've jumped the injectors with a 12 volt battery and they spray and bike runs but the noly issues with doing this is that when you unplug one of the injector connectors the fuel pump will not engage there for leaving you with no flow of fuel. Not to mention I already bypassed the kickstand and the BAS check fuses did all I could but still with a stranded bike for about 6 going to 7 months
Zozo,I'm having same issues with my 03 600rr. Did you ever get your injectors to pulse?

Old 08-07-2017, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Johnson
Zozo,I'm having same issues with my 03 600rr. Did you ever get your injectors to pulse?
Nothing yet, I haven't gotten her going she's sitting there sadly...I'm at tye point where it could possibly be the ECM that could be causing the issue but can't find anyone around my area to lend me their ECU to test before I throw down the 175 or 300 dollars to buy one. Sorry brotha I feel your pain I want to get back out there

Old 08-08-2017, 09:00 PM

Thanks for the follow up! I've tried a used ecm, and a used throttle body for the tps. Neither have got it started. If I ever solve this case I'll be sure to post it up
Chris j

Quick Reply: 2006 cbr 600rr wont start?????? HELP!!!