CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Side stand, center stand

Old 01-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Side stand, center stand

Hey everyone.. yep.. another question that I have been thinking of...

When I picked up my F4, I found it odd how the sidestand looked when it was all the way up. My Ninja 250's side stand, when raised, was almost horizontal and parallel to the ground. The F4's stand, when raised all teh way, still angles down a bit. I tried a few times to raise it higher and it will not go. Nothing looks bent or screwed up in any way.. so I assume this is how they are, right? On the ride home, the stand never scraped the ground (not like I was leaning over much at all) and the bike is held up on the stand great.
I looked but I couldn't find any images of an F4 or F4i from the left hand side at speed or motion (so that teh stand was up).

The second question I have.. I have been looking at t-rex and Pit Bull stands for teh F4 (wish it was easier to use spools), but I still think about the european spec F4s that used the center stand. I loved the center stand that was on my N250... where can I buy that from besides the Honda dealer (and more than likely that will be near impossible). I didn't see it listed on the fiche from ron ayers... are there any aftermarket suppliers? I remember someone making one for the SV650s that looked decent. I figure since the lugs are there, mounting it up might be a solid option.. and the exhaust shouldn't get in the way considering slip ons were used in Europe, right?

Any help is appreciated!

btw.. is it bad that I started, warmed up, and revved my bike a few times yesterday? Yeah.. so what that water freezes outside...

Adam

Old 01-08-2010, 05:34 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow.. have I stumped the forum? lol