CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

My Honda CBR 600 F1

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Honda CBR 600 F1

Hi all! Finally picked up my Honda CBR F1 today and although the weather was foul, I took it for a twenty-odd mile trip until it got too cold to carry on and loved every mile/minute of it! So light and easy to push around compared to my 1980 BMW R100RT. The RT is a great touring bike and I used to go to Manchester from Plymouth on it to see my mum. No aches and pains and apart from a you-know-what stop at the services plus filling up, I could have probably done the trip non-stop. However, the CBR is so much easier to ride and flick about and, more importantly more fun! Love the riding position once I'm on a fast road, but can get a bit of a pain at low speeds, e.g. in around town. The colours are red, white and blue, so very patriotic! I'll add some photos soon for you all to see. It is a 2002 model with PGM Fi and a carbon fibre rear hugger has been fitted by a previous owner, plus a new rear tyre. Front tyre has quite a lot of tread left on it too and the chain and sprockets are recently fitted items. All in all a good buy from my local George Whites superbikes. I find them very helpful and enthusiastic guys. Recommended! Only regret I have is that I should have bought one years ago! LOL! Look forward to reading all the posts and learning about the CBR and later hope to be of assistance to anyone needing a hand or advise.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard highwaypatrol! Glad to have you here.

Congrats on your new bike. Sounds like a good one. We look forward to seeing some pics of it & of the countryside there as well!

Old 12-29-2010, 06:35 PM

F4i it sounds like it. Pics

Old 12-30-2010, 03:22 AM

Hi! Thanks for your comments. I'll add photos soon. Happy New Year!

Old 01-08-2011, 07:54 AM

Hi. I phoned the dealer in Torquay who sold my bike to the first owner and the lady in the shop told me that from the VIN I gave her that my bike was a 2001 CBR 600 F1. It was first registered in July 2002 and is fuel injected. It is definitely not an F4i as I had hoped, but still, I have a good low-mileage machine. I now know which model I have, so can order the correct parts or accessories! Thanks for you comments and as soon as I can I'll add some photos.

Originally Posted by billetproof97
F4i it sounds like it. Pics

Old 01-08-2011, 04:56 PM

He must mean a FS1 or F4I(1) then. F1 is the first version of the cbr 600's which is from 1987 if memory serves me right.

Congratulatios with it! Brilliant machine

Last edited by Denfrosnesko; 01-08-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Default Which CBR 600?

Hi! Now I'm really confused! LOL! It definitely has CBR 600F1 in the log book and on various receipts from Torbay Motorcycles in Newton Abott, so from what you are saying it looks like it could be a very old model registered in 2002? Except that it has fuel injection, which I am told was introduced around the year 2000? Oh well, I'll have to go back to George Whites Superbike Centre and try to clarify it once and for all. I have the address of the last previous owner, so I may have a ride over to his house and have a chat about it. I'll let you know what transpires. Suffering from a really bad chest infection at the moment, so it could be a few days before I feel like getting on the bike! Thanks for you input and comments though.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:18 PM

LOL!

Well no matter what. You don't have to worry about the age. Injected engine came in 2001, so that's all cool. Only thing to argue about is the model name, but that's not really important is it?

Old 01-10-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Denfrosnesko
LOL!

Well no matter what. You don't have to worry about the age. Injected engine came in 2001, so that's all cool. Only thing to argue about is the model name, but that's not really important is it?
Hi! You know what? You're right! What's in a number? LOL! As long as the bike is ok and I know it's history, it doesn't matter at all. Thanks for making me see that! Safe riding and I'll add photos as soon as I'm well enough to take them! Cheers!