CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Need fairing help

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need fairing help

Hey all, so I bought my beautiful f4 off a guy a couple months ago and have finally gotten around to working on the cosmetics. He lowsided the bike and the right lower fairing was all scratched up. I bought a used one off ebay that was in great shape but lo and behold it comes and it is orange instead of the sunrise yellow of my bike! I went to the dealer and they told me it would be $100 for just the stripes (all I need). What would everyone suggest I do? Either I find a new one or I find a way to replace/fix the colored sections. Any help would be great.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:26 AM

$100 bucks isnt not that bad when it comes to anything fairing related. especially from the stealership. plus, unless you are a qualified sprayer and have all of the proper equipment (which would run more than $100), DYI painting anything on a bike never turns out great.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:00 AM
MZ5

The Honda stickers/stripes are certainly expensive, even from the online places. I bought new stickers for mine, though I strongly considered having them painted on (or even painting them on myself. I figured that the cost is about the same to have a paint shop paint them or to paint them myself, and the stickers offer some protection and easier replaceability if I mess up the fairings in the future.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by MZ5
The Honda stickers/stripes are certainly expensive, even from the online places. I bought new stickers for mine, though I strongly considered having them painted on (or even painting them on myself. I figured that the cost is about the same to have a paint shop paint them or to paint them myself, and the stickers offer some protection and easier replaceability if I mess up the fairings in the future.
That's a really good point. How difficult was it to apply them and how does it look now?

Old 03-21-2011, 08:23 AM
MZ5

Still only part way there; just got them ~a week ago, and it's COLD here. Nothing terrible yet.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Registered Users

Nice man, I found a place called Tapeworks that sells the wing dividers for 45$ a side. I'm going to go pick them up on Friday. Let me know how it goes and send me some pictures when you're done with it!