CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Bike still boggs at WOT or hard acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike still boggs at WOT or hard acceleration

Ok, after changing everything that is connected to a wire harness, finally able to get the bike road rideable. But, it still boggs at WOT or hard acceleration, also can't get it past 8k in 6th gear and that is been tugged down. I am doing about 85/90 MPH when doing to.

I re-checked every connection and hose and all seem to be connected and working order.

The only thing left to change is the spark-plugs.

Oh, with my old pump I normally have left over fuel in the fuel line, but the new/used fuel pump when I disconnect the line no left over fuel is spilling out.

I have to re-install the old pump to see if that fixes the problem.

But after that I am lost at what to do.

Did I miss something?

Thanks,
SGB in PA

Old 07-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bike still boggs at WOT or hard acceleration

fouled plugs could do that, bike either not getting enough or too much fuel. are there any mods done to it?

Old 08-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have same issue:

I have yet come to a conclusion.
I have not been able to ride for over a month and its truly killing me!
So heres the similar Story:

It started when I overfilled the oil when doing an oil change. I rode it about 50 miles before realizing and drained and refilled to proper level.

The problem was still there, checked plugs covered in oil. So I took them out, got new ones and even let the cylinders air our and I also cranked it with out the plugs so oil can shoot out. After few days installed new plugs, same issue.

Started to look at carbs, took them apart cleaned them the 2 times and still no solution. Eventually took the entire carb system apart and used chem dip and replaced float valves too thinking it was a rich issue. Put everything back together, same issue.

Then I bought a nice 98 set of carbs off ebay because then I thought it was a lean issue because, new plugs we not covered in gas or anything, looked pretty brown to me, but I was thinking that my original carbs were not producing the venturi effect with the diaphrams to effectively pull out gas from float bowls. So I got the 98 set off ebay, cleaned and replaced float valves and whatever else we do to carbs. Installed it on my bike and pretty much same issues.

So I think I can conclude that it is not the carbs here.

Started to look at fuel pump. Did all the tests from manual and it passed except where there is supposed to be resistance from the one wire off the fuel cut off relay to ground. This relay is getting power, the manual says to replace the pump if there is no resistance.
I bypassed the pump to gravity feed, now its horrible and low rpm and still crap and high rpm. I put it back to original and hot wired the pump, clicks strong and I have a new clear fuel filter installed that that is always full. Rode her with hot wired pump and still same issues.

Sum up, what she does is at full throttle or even above 1/2 throttle, she will intermittently die and lose power, I would ease off the throttle and rpm would drop and would come back to life, but as soon as I add more throttle to go above 5-6k same thing. If I give her full throttle, sometimes there is no power but would try to stay alive.

New battery and rectifier and charges well. I am now looking a coils.

Checked the resistance of the coils and its at around 14.22 ish for both. However, when I check resistance with spark plug wires on, it is at like 25.66 ish for one and 24.5 ish for other. Since the coils it self are within spec I am now thinking it is a spark plug wire issue, which is not allowing the combined resistance to be within spec. Mind you 25 ohms is max as per manual, so its not off by much. Low sid of coils are 3.1 ohms btw so that is borderline specs.

I need help people! I just cant get it, and looking to sell her, plugs wires for 4 new ones gonna run about 180 from ronayers, but I have been throwing money at her with not remedy. She used to run a little hot before all this occured, recently changed new oem thermostat and engine ice, been in city 90 degree traffic, seems fine now. I only ride her like in town now and cant even ride her hard, have to quick shift and cant go over like 65 at 5k rpm at 6th gear, this is not how she is meant to be ridden.

I dont think compression is an issue, no mixing of oil and coolant and at idle exhaust gases are pretty invisible.