CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

another fast turn signal issue cant find the right info!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another fast turn signal issue cant find the right info!!!

Bought a hoppy intergrated kit for my f3 works fine until i apply the brakes then blinks fast have resistors also and that didnt help pls pls any info need a solution. thanx

Old 02-09-2011, 07:20 PM

couple of questions...when you flip your turn signal switch are they amber or red? if they are amber and what you are referring to is flashing red when you hit the brake it may just be an added safety feature added into the tail light...when i got my f3 the po had a box wired up to it so that when the brake was applied the brake light would flash in order to better notify the person behind me that I was stopping being that our brake lights are much smaller and harder to see than that of a vehicle...haven't heard of a hoppy integrated tail but you may just want to go over to their website and read up on it and see if it's normal

Old 02-09-2011, 07:40 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

im trying to buy integrated light, but it seems to be a pain.... is it better to leave it like it is. i just want my bike to have a sleeker look. do you need resistors for all of the LED lights??? or can you just hook up the wiring from your original lights...
thats what i dont understand from all the threads. can someone explain the resistors????

Old 02-09-2011, 09:08 PM

Fresh whats blinking fast the turn signals or the brake light. Its a little confusing the way you worded it.

Scorpion: the relay used in the turn signal circuit requires more power to flow through it to make it blink then the leds use. Thats why you get the strange blinking anytime you change the bulbs other then what it was designed for.
So to compensate for the leds low power consumtion a resistor is added. Now when you add in a resistor it acts as a load on the circuit and activates the relay to blink.

Hope that helps

Old 02-09-2011, 09:14 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

Originally Posted by airxsports
Fresh whats blinking fast the turn signals or the brake light. Its a little confusing the way you worded it.

Scorpion: the relay used in the turn signal circuit requires more power to flow through it to make it blink then the leds use. Thats why you get the strange blinking anytime you change the bulbs other then what it was designed for.
So to compensate for the leds low power consumtion a resistor is added. Now when you add in a resistor it acts as a load on the circuit and activates the relay to blink. Hope that helps

so i have to do it regardless, the signals that people sell on ebay has to be moded with the resistor anyway. (which is fine, i just didnt get it) thats what i understand. now i need to know what resistors to get.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:07 PM

Ok sorry little conf. For me to. The bulbs are the stock oem dual filament so brake light and blinkers are same bulb makes front blink fast too. Without brake applied they all work great nice and slow. The relay is a stock oem relay

Old 02-09-2011, 10:29 PM

im trying to come up with a mathmatical equation to help everyone but its hurting my brain. Its taken me a little while to wrap my mind around the way electricity works and I have still yet to totally understand it.

a way to tell you need more or less resistance is:

if it flashers too fast its drawing too much current causing the relay to activate fast.

If its slow its not drawing enough current to activate the relay fast enough.

Now to fix the issue of too slow you could wire in a resistor and cause the relay to heat up a little quicker causing the flashing to speed up as well. Here is a link to how flasher relays work: http://static.howstuffworks.com/flas...al-flasher.swf

Old 02-09-2011, 10:42 PM

could you show me what kit it is or post a link so I can have a better idea of the set up? also you said you had resistors or you installed them?

Last edited by airxsports; 02-09-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:35 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

thats just too confusing. ill ask my buddy, he loves that kind of s**t. im sure he can show me how to do all that. im more of a hands on guy. i can learn very quickly from looking at somebody work, reading directions is little confusing for me.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:36 PM

Well, is it a bad thing that they blink quickly?

I mean, people will notice it more...and you don't really have to look at it at all.

Quick Reply: another fast turn signal issue cant find the right info!!!